guitarjam

GCP/PDOS/PCS

9 posts in this topic

A bit confused, I have a wife & stepson[17yrs old] already with Visa's, the wife already attended the GCP, [Guidance & Counseling Program, has her certificate.

Now she needs to register for PDOS? and my Stepson PCS?

Does my stepson need a GCP [Guidance & Counseling certificate as well?

I made a appointment for my stepson for the GCP, but not sure if it was a mistake...

Can all these be done on the same website for the same day for both of them?

Thanks all!

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

My wife got her GCP [Guidance & Counseling Program] certificate when she changed her passport to her MARRIED name a couple years ago.

Is the GCP [Guidance & Counseling Program] the same thing as the PDOS, that is required for immigrant visas to leave the country for a foreign sponsor spouse?

Or do they need both?

PDOS for foreign spouse/ USA doesn't have an IR-1 selection, and pops up to go to the GCP site for the GCP

certificate.

https://cfo.ph/pdos_reservation/Register.aspx

For my stepson, only "Son/Daughter are selections, not Stepson or Stepdaughter

Edited by guitarjam

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

A bit confused, I have a wife & stepson[17yrs old] already with Visa's, the wife already attended the GCP, [Guidance & Counseling Program, has her certificate.

Now she needs to register for PDOS? and my Stepson PCS?

Does my stepson need a GCP [Guidance & Counseling certificate as well?

I made a appointment for my stepson for the GCP, but not sure if it was a mistake...

Can all these be done on the same website for the same day for both of them?

Thanks all!

Your wife is good to go as long as she has her certificate ... GCP (this is for spouses and fiancee only) is what she needed to attend. Once she has her passport with visa she takes that to CFO, along with her certificate to get the sticker in her passport (stepson will do the same AFTER completing PDOS)

Your stepson need to attend PDOS (not GCP) https://cfo.ph/PDOS_Reservation/

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2834:rar-pdos-press-release&catid=108:cfo-press-release&Itemid=839

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Your wife is good to go as long as she has her certificate ... GCP (this is for spouses and fiancee only) is what she needed to attend. Once she has her passport with visa she takes that to CFO, along with her certificate to get the sticker in her passport (stepson will do the same AFTER completing PDOS)

Your stepson need to attend PDOS (not GCP) https://cfo.ph/PDOS_Reservation/

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2834:rar-pdos-press-release&catid=108:cfo-press-release&Itemid=839

So for the stepson we would select "Individual / First-time Registration"

and not "Family Registration"?

How does the wife register in the CFO system? I heard you can have a GCP certificate, but not be registered...

Thanks

Edited by guitarjam

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

How does the wife register in the CFO system? I heard you can have a GCP certificate, but not be registered...

Thanks

You stated your wife already has her GCP certificate, she only needs to stop by CFO with her passport (with visa) and the CFO certificate to get the sticker affixed in her passport - no appointment needed for this.

I believe your stepson needs to select INDIVIDUAL for PDOS

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Thanks

Trying to register my stepson, clicked "Save" and every time I try to click "Next" it keeps telling me

001_111.pngRequired field

But there is no blank lines, or indication the required field is missing!

The photo is loaded, but displays "no file selected"???

Trying to register my stepson, clicked "Save" and every time I try to click "Next" it keeps telling me

001_111.pngRequired field

But there is no blank lines, or indication the required field is missing!

The photo is loaded, but displays "no file selected"???

Figured it out.

For Reference:

It doesn't show it, but if you put a zero like 01 for Jan for the dates on the Passport or Visa, it will error out on the top page but not tell you what field is in error.

On page 2, "PETITIONER'S DATA" Is that the sponsor/USA Citizen?

PETITIONER'S DATA

Edited by guitarjam

I swear, you make a post and in 2 minutes, you can't edit it...Please leave a little more time for people to make adjustments Mods...

For On page 2, "PETITIONER'S DATA" Is that the sponsor/USA Citizen?

Request date of migration. USA Citizen didn't migrate, so what can you put that that works and is correct?

Year of Migration Invalid Year of Migration

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.