nbalaji04

DCF -New Delhi

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Singapore
Timeline

Check out the DCF process on visa journey's guides page. It should be a good start.

And yes you can do DCF from Singapore. Police clearance is basically a check to see if all is well and you don't have any cases etc

it's needed from all places lived in past one year and is only for your fiance. For Indian one visit passport Seva Kendra website.

thanks again for your help..I looked at the U.S Embassy website for Singapore and couldn't find any information on the DCF process. A lot of the searches on the forums(visa journey) for information on DCF(Singapore) are either several years old/and are providing contradicting information as to whether it can be done. Is there a way that I can confirm for sure that this process will work from Singapore? I am looking to transfer jobs in Singapore and would only do that if I know for sure that DCF is a 100% certainty.

Thanks so much

Ok The process will definitely work but you need to understand it in whole.

DCF is just a name for filing I-130 with USCIS abroad instead of filing it with Chicago office.

USCIS has only few offices abroad. New Delhi has one, but unfortunately Singapore does not have

So if you want to file in india. Since you can apply to Delhi office overall time line reduces, but paperwork remains same

If you want to do from Singapore you will have to mail it to Chicago lock box and wait for USCIS to respond.

Filed: Other Country: Singapore
Timeline

Ok The process will definitely work but you need to understand it in whole.

DCF is just a name for filing I-130 with USCIS abroad instead of filing it with Chicago office.

USCIS has only few offices abroad. New Delhi has one, but unfortunately Singapore does not have

So if you want to file in india. Since you can apply to Delhi office overall time line reduces, but paperwork remains same

If you want to do from Singapore you will have to mail it to Chicago lock box and wait for USCIS to respond.

Great..thanks for that information. A few questions if you don't mind:

1. If my fiance comes to the U.S to get married and goes back to Singapore, will that be a problem when we decide to file her Spousal Visa for Green Card (CR1)? (This is assuming she comes on a tourist visa)

2. Does the marriage have to happen in the U.S (legal paperwork) to get the process started. Could I travel to India or Singapore and get the marriage certificate/license instead? ( Not sure what the U.S authorities accept as legal marriage proof)

3. What is the time frame(months) in general to obtain a Spousal Visa vs applying for a DCF(Direct Consular Visa) in the current scenario?

Thanks so much

You don't need to get married in US for getting suppose visa.

1. Travelling on tourist visa and then getting married may not be a good idea. It can complicate things. Probably this is best answered by other members here in this forum.

Just so you know your fiance cannot travel to US on B2 visa once her IR1 is filed. It would be a violation.

2. Counselor will verify you marriage certificate and interview you when applying for IR1 visa. It's on this basis that spousal visa is given. You can get married in US or abroad.

3. IR1/CR1 is the visa, for this first step is filing form I-130. Process for this is explained in detail on US government website and is best source for reference. You can file I-130 by mailing to Chicago lock box, overall it takes about 10 months to get IR1 this way or file I-130 to USCIS office abroad which takes about 3 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.