codyahanes

I-134 Help me get started please :(

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Me and my Russian fiancé are very excited to have received our NOA2 yesterday :D but we weren't expecting it so early, and now I have a problem

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what goes into the I-134, and how it applies to me and my fiancé's somewhat unique situation.

Okay so I have to fill out this form and turn it in with proof that I make income above the poverty line,

~But I am only 2 years out of school, so my last years tax returns will show income which sucks, and this years have yet to be filed. Now I can file them quickly, as I have all the information -I am self-employed-, I am going to exceed the amounts required, but it will only be for this year, and I really don't want to wait until I get the return to file the I-134, as we just received the NOA2 yesterday!

So I guess all in all I'm going to have to have a joint sponsor probably? I was hoping to be able to do it on my own :/

In other words, my main question is, can I use a copy of the income tax return I am going to file and have my CPA complete, or do I have to wait for the federal government to send me back the thing?

And also, how do I add a joint sponsor? There seemed to be a lot of guides and help online to filling out the I-129F, but I can't seem to find a very comprehensive guide to helping with issues like this.

I would appreciate any help or advice on this issue! Thanks :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Me and my Russian fiancé are very excited to have received our NOA2 yesterday :D but we weren't expecting it so early, and now I have a problem

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding exactly what goes into the I-134, and how it applies to me and my fiancé's somewhat unique situation.

Okay so I have to fill out this form and turn it in with proof that I make income above the poverty line,

~But I am only 2 years out of school, so my last years tax returns will show income which sucks, and this years have yet to be filed. Now I can file them quickly, as I have all the information -I am self-employed-, I am going to exceed the amounts required, but it will only be for this year, and I really don't want to wait until I get the return to file the I-134, as we just received the NOA2 yesterday!

Then you're fine. Current income is key and most recent students don't have past income to show. Not a deal breaker.

So I guess all in all I'm going to have to have a joint sponsor probably? I was hoping to be able to do it on my own :/

If your current income is adequate, then you're fine.

In other words, my main question is, can I use a copy of the income tax return I am going to file and have my CPA complete, or do I have to wait for the federal government to send me back the thing?

Sure or, don't send anything and just send employer's letter and copies of recent pay summaries. A letter describing your financial history might help.

And also, how do I add a joint sponsor? There seemed to be a lot of guides and help online to filling out the I-129F, but I can't seem to find a very comprehensive guide to helping with issues like this.

You don't need this but if you choose to, both you and the cosponsor complete 134 forms and attach all the applicable documentation.

I would appreciate any help or advice on this issue! Thanks :)

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks a lot! I guess what I should concentrate on doing is showing every proof I have that I make enough money, and hopefully all goes well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.