RJSquiabro

Withdraw case

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I looked at your time line. Your case has been sitting at NVC for 15 months without being complete yet, or you've not updated it? You've been waiting an awfully long time since you first filed. I'm guessing the circumstances in your marriage have changed, leading you to want to drop your case after all this time. Write them a letter explaining that you want to withdraw, and include a reason why.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I just updated it. My interview was July 21st and we were put on 221g because the embassy had me as deported in a year when I literally climbing a mountain in the highlands of Peru. We sent them proof that I was never deported, documents from the department of Justice stating that I was never removed. All proof arrived in October and then they asked for my passport. It's been now 60 days since my passport was dropped off, sadly my relationship has worsen because my husband needs me there but administrative processing is just a black hole. The proof should have sufficed but at this point things in my relationship have turned sour and emotionally, I can't see myself continuing a process that is deteriorating me both emotionally and mentally. I'm physically drained.

I looked at your time line. Your case has been sitting at NVC for 15 months without being complete yet, or you've not updated it? You've been waiting an awfully long time since you first filed. I'm guessing the circumstances in your marriage have changed, leading you to want to drop your case after all this time. Write them a letter explaining that you want to withdraw, and include a reason why.

Edited by RJSquiabro

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm so sorry for what you've been going through for such a long time. For many, the CR1/IR1 process is an excessively long, emotionally exhausting experience. You've waited so long, only to be stuck where you are now, so close to the end, yet so far, with no idea when it'll end. The only way to keep hanging on is if the relationship is strong and stable. There's no way to even guess how long you'll be in AP, it could end at moment, or go on for months on end. I see some cases here in VJ that have been in AP for many months and even a few still waiting after a year, with no explanation. Judging by what you've said, it does seem that it's time to save yourself from any more suffering. There's a lot more life to be lived. If you feel it's time to move on, then have courage and move forward in a new direction.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm very thankful for your message. I didn't think I'd last this long, I didn't think there was life after such a decision, I didn't even think I could decide and finally free myself from everyone's judgement on this process. Thank you again for such wise words. I think I'll be okay now.

I'm so sorry for what you've been going through for such a long time. For many, the CR1/IR1 process is an excessively long, emotionally exhausting experience. You've waited so long, only to be stuck where you are now, so close to the end, yet so far, with no idea when it'll end. The only way to keep hanging on is if the relationship is strong and stable. There's no way to even guess how long you'll be in AP, it could end at moment, or go on for months on end. I see some cases here in VJ that have been in AP for many months and even a few still waiting after a year, with no explanation. Judging by what you've said, it does seem that it's time to save yourself from any more suffering. There's a lot more life to be lived. If you feel it's time to move on, then have courage and move forward in a new direction.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.