Jump to content

Applying K1 for VN fiance in Australia

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have an interesting case. I was wondering if was possible to apply and how to apply for K1 when my fiance is Vietnamese but living in Australia while I am in New Zealand. (dont ask why but i cant go to Australia for 1 year) she has been in Australia 4 years and is about to finish a degree but doesn't have Permanent resident there. How can we do this so she doesn't have to go back to Vietnam. We lived together 6 months in Australia. Should we get married in Singapore and do c1 or do k1?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will about 6 to 12 months for you to get her a US visa. If she has legal status to stay in AU, then she doesn't have to go back to VN. If she can't maintain legal status in AU, then she must go back to VN.

The US Embassy/Consulate will only process her case where she is legal. If she overstays her visa in AU, then she will not qualify for AU processing.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.