SeaTurtis

I-130 And I-129F Question. Help:)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Aloha, I married a lady from Indonesia this summer, Iv never filed for any kind of immigration other than my travels.. Its very hard for a person to find a site like this one.. Only took me 6 months to stumble on a site full of people with experience in this.. WOW I hope in my future I can spread the URL to this forum in a way in which it will be easier for people to find online.. Search ingines are way too full of people selling match maker service when it comes to Visa.. Doesnt anyone travel before they decide they want to marry someone from another world?

Anyway so I was using Yahoo answers and reading the US Immigration site as much as possible.. I was misinformed on Yahoo when they told me I could not file for a K-1 or K-3 till after my I-130 Was approved. So I got my I-797C dated accepted i-130 October 20th 2015. However it was not till YESTERDAY I found the link on US GOV page stating I could file the I-129F and I wish I had done it two months ago.. Any Idea how much that cost me? Pretty much Two months?

Some people on YH Answers are telling me if my I-130 is approved itl Void my i-129F, I do not think it is true.. But the problem is in I had to print so many documents for two step kids and my wife that I completely FORGOT to put in a copy of my I-797C..

From what I read I should expect them to send me a RFE. One lady even posts her timeline and it seems she got an RFE the day after she got her notification they accepted it. Should I wait to get an RFE? How long can it take them? At what stage do they realize I forgot to include my I-130 Form? Finally can I get ahead of it somehow? For example I get notified and I get a case number? Can I then just mail the document and title it with the case number to be added?

Another question I have is timing. I am very curious about what I saw on the US Immigration website.. It had time frames for forms like i-130 was 6 months or less. However it said if they have Delays they post the last date they filed this form. Well the Last date they filed form i-129f was March 2 2015 and the list was updated in October 31st. Its hard to believe I-129F takes longer than 7 months!!

For me its a hard thing to decide because If its going to mess me around for up to 6 months before they approve i-129f I might as well go to Indonesia and spend that six months with my wife! Not that I can afford to but its already been six months and if I had it to do over again Id of gotten her a tourist visa.. those things only take 3 moths..

Anyway.. Can anyone tell me about How long I can expect the I-129F to take considering I have to add the copy of my I-797C..

Oh one more thing.. I lost my copy of my form I-797C so can I give them just the number?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The K3 (associated with the I-129F) is virtually dead. The CR1 spouse visa (petitioned with the form I-130) is what you want. K3 has more steps and more costs than the CR1, so focus on the I-130. When USCIS receives both they customarily close the K3 in favor of the CR1. So you are on the right track.

Do some reading here in the CR1 forum as well as the regional forum to learn what is expected for your spouse at the interview.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

This forum is awesome!! tHANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. You know as long as it took me to find this forum I really hope I can find a way to help others find it faster this woudl have saved me so much time!! I read they where doing CR1 but the US Immigration site told me to file form i-129f.

I just read the forum about the CR-1. So it does NOT Use the i-129F form because the i-129 F seems to be taking LONGER than the actual i-130 it is suppose to beat!! So From what I read you just forget the i-129F anyway and wait for the I-130 to be approved and file for the CR1 Yes?

And what do you mean more costly? The CR1 is what a grand in fees? I have two step children and I saw a service called speedy visa or something they do it all for 1675 including your CR1 and its like 75$ extra per step child..

I already paid for the i-130 so Im guessing ILl be spending about 600$ on the CR1 Application and about 400$ in fees n such? Is that close?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

K3 has the adjustment of status step that is $1070 for the parent and $635 for each child (under 14). Your spouse would not be able to work for a few months with the K3. CR1 gets rid of more paperwork as everyone gets settled in a new place.

If you are confident about filling in forms correctly then VJ can help you. No need to pay someone else to fill in forms with information that you provide. There are sample forms and you can see what others going through Jakarta have experienced in the Asia:East and Pacific forum >>> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/90-asia-east-and-pacific/

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Am I understanding correctly that I will be given notice to file for the CR1 when the i=130 is approved? This is why they did away with K3 because I-130 is turning out faster? Also I do not, plan not to, and have not had a bank account for many years. Will that be a problem?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.