Webdevman

i -130 Petition Approved

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

We direct filed in Manila for our cr1 visa in November. early December I sent a couple emails and found out our petition was approved on December 1! Since then we have heard nothing. Most people I have talked to said they received a packet with in 2 weeks for the interview information.

I am a little worried about shipping but we are also supposed to get an email I believe.

Is the time period on this common? My wife is pregnant and we really want to get this done asap so we can have the baby in the USA. Are there any tips on moving this along?

Thanks,

Rich

Timeline

The deal is that I am currently in the USA but going back to the Philippines next week. I needed to gather some documents here, etc but i really thought we would have the packet now. Can anyone send me a copy of the email they topically send out with the requirements?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: XXXXXXX

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On December 17, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number XXXXXXXX, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Wow, it took awhile for yours to be approved but we did ours here in the Philippines directly. We went to the embassy in Manila in November and I found out that the petition was approved by emailing but we still have not received our approval email with case number.

When I emailed mphinquiry they sent me this:

Your I-130 petition for your wife has been approved on 01Dec15 and forwarded to Dept. of State for the corresponding visa process. The notice of approval was mailed to your local address. Your beneficiary will be notified in writing by the Consular Section as to the next procedural steps prior to visa interview.

Thank you.

USCIS Manil

Since we have heard nothing else.

I have accounts on both sites for the visa but I cannot submit a receipt number because we do not have it yet or our case number. The only receipt I have is for the petition($420) and it does not have the number needed.

I have tried to email and call but I cannot seem to get this moving faster. My wife is due in June and we really need to go asap as I want the baby to be born in the USA and I do not want her traveling too many months pregnant.

Please help.

Saw this on another thread... Maybe you can try calling the number:

02-301-2000 extension 2224 or press 0 to talk to the operator.Not sure if this is still the number though.

Timeline

The 301-2000 EXT. 2224 is only useful prior to approval. After approval, the Manila Case Number must be received from the IV Section of the Embassy, I emailed them today at IVManilaReplies@State.gov. I filed in Manila on Jan 7 and received approval on the 14th.

Current numbers that can be called to speak to live person IV Manila (if you are lucky) are (02)976-8500, (02)976-8501, and (02)976-8502. Got a connection today, but ran out of load before I could complete the call. :cry:

From what I've been reading on this forum, if you received your approval on Dec 11th you should have gotten your case number by now. Maybe backed up because of the holidays? Being persistent and assertive are the best ways to get to the U.S. the quickest.

Cheers!

Timeline

I did try 301-2000 EXT. 2224 the other day and yes, that number is for after you already get the packet or email. I will try the others today though!

Thank you guys!

Kind of incredible. I already have the pdf of the approval but it was sent to me by reply only. There was no case number or anything. She did tell me it was sent to where ever it is they send it, the State department or what ever but that was weeks ago. I cannot even check status without that case number!

Timeline

The 301-2000 EXT. 2224 is only useful prior to approval. After approval, the Manila Case Number must be received from the IV Section of the Embassy, I emailed them today at IVManilaReplies@State.gov. I filed in Manila on Jan 7 and received approval on the 14th.

Current numbers that can be called to speak to live person IV Manila (if you are lucky) are (02)976-8500, (02)976-8501, and (02)976-8502. Got a connection today, but ran out of load before I could complete the call. :cry:

From what I've been reading on this forum, if you received your approval on Dec 11th you should have gotten your case number by now. Maybe backed up because of the holidays? Being persistent and assertive are the best ways to get to the U.S. the quickest.

Cheers!

I am using an American number to call. Can you tell me the number I would use to call from a usa phone? My t-mobile plan has international calling and I am in the Philippines using it. :)

Timeline

##Update

I called the 705 520 2235 number today and I spoke with a friendly woman who looked into everything and told me the petition was sent and we would receive the email once done. She also said she received my emails. :)

I guess we just have to wait and worse case scenario have the baby here in June.

Timeline

I sent an email last night to IVManilareplies@state.gov and got my Manila Case Number today.

I did that already a couple days ago. I have sent emails to usaultradocs, cphmanilla and the lvmanilla addresses.

Did you schedule your interview appointment yet?

Timeline

Can't schedule the appointment until I submit the DS-260, and can't submit that until I get my daughter a passport. So caught up in all the other BS that I just plain forgot about it. Hopefully she will have it in a week or so.

Don't really know what the hold up could be with your case. Try the IVManilaReplies again. If you live anywhere near Manila it may be worth your while to pay them a visit if you don't hear in a week or two.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I do not see any possible reason to wait until June or even March. You have received approval on your DCF, and you simply need a case number. I was able to get through via both email and phone on several occasions. PLEASE read the hot thread within this forum entitle DCF Manila. Look on page 5 for the comprehensive post from Jace 5869. It tells you exactly who to call/email to get your Manila Case number. It gives you live links to filing the DS-260, and afterwards the physical at St. Luke's Extension Center and the Interview.

We are in Manila now, our daughter is finishing her physical, and her interview is next Friday.

Forget about having your baby in The Philippines.. Just email/call repeatedly and GET THAT CASE NUMBER! Be assertive, kaibigan. You put in so much time, effort and money to get where you are in the process. Stay the course and do not give up! I have had good luck calling mid morning and mid afternoon

Inggat,

Rick

Our baby is due in June so if things do not go fast from this point we just may have to have the baby here. If we do what is involved with getting the baby a passport?

If the baby's gonna be born here in the philippines you can file CRBA and passport at the same time. You'll be needing your wife's pre-natal records, marriage certificate and your newborn's birthcertificate from NSO and some other documents that's stated in their website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.