mmb

How to cut processing time at POE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I discovered the other night how to process so fast my feet barely touched the ground.

A friend back in Britain gave me a last minute gift for my fiance, a walking stick with a fancy brass handle. (Richard walks with a cane)

Well I had no room in my luggage for it and figured the only way to bring it was to add it to my carry on stuff.

At Heathrow, the staff at checkin insisted on pre-boarding me and even carried my oversised cabin bag for me. I didn't like to say that I didn't need the walking stick as I thought that maybe they wouldn't let me on the plane so I just did as they told me.

I got off at Philadelphia, politely refused the offer of a wheelchair to get me to immigration abd happily dragged by own bag on it's wheels.

As I neared the immigration lines a large gruff voiced man was loudly telling people "get in line, any line but 54"

He looked at me and walked over to me, smiled and directed me to line 54 the handicapped line with nobody waiting.

I wanted to tell him I wasn't handicapped but he was being so sweet to me and I worried if I told him I wasn't disabled he might then be suspicious of people who are really disabled. I've had a disability in the past and know how much it helps just to get a little preference now and again and also know how difficult it can be when you need that extra help but don't look like you have anything wrong .

I was in Secondary processing 2 minutes later and at the luggage belt before my stuff even made the carousel.

Now I feel so guilty, all that just because I wanted to bring an extra item in the cabin. :blush:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

:blush: not really a recommendation of how to do it I guess, but hey, congrats on making it through so fast and welcome to America!

In a way it's even scary to think that they wouldn't check on your condition before boarding. With all the added security one would think they'd suspiciously look at a walking stick being a weapon more than any other thing. I once had to leave some tweezers and a pen behind, because they thought they were too pointy lol

Edited by tweety

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Knowing me... I'd be walking with it..no limp, but give me a walking stick/cane or umbrella with a handle and suddenly I become Fred Astaire or Charley Chaplin.. lol.. I just can't 'just carry' things like that.

Although pointy objects carried under your arm do help deter people who just can't get out of your 'space' in lines.. ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.