visavisa5463

I-130 petition transferred to CSC anyway?

9 posts in this topic

My husband sent our I-130 petition to Nebraska office the other day (it's our service center).

But will our petition be forwarded to California office? If so why can't we send the petition to CSC directly so that the case could be processed faster?? Or actually can we send the petition to CSC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm not sure why the NSC doesn't process I-130s anymore. Bottom line is that if that is your service center, then that is where you have to send it to. They'll take care of forwarding it to CSC for further processing.

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Timeline

visavisa5463,

A while back the USCIS began processing the I-130 and I-129f petitions at only the CSC and VSC in an attempt to improve processing times. The idea was to make those two centers expert in those petitions, using dedicated adjudicators who would become more efficient. The new process may work as hoped, or maybe there will be different enhancements made to the process.

In any event, the USCIS does not want to confuse the public by changing mail-in instructions every time it tries something new. No matter what goes on internally at USCIS, the public does not have to learn a new place to send their petition. (The public seems to be able to confuse itself enough already - maybe this was a lesson learned from all the confusion when they started having all I-485, I-765, and I-131 sent to the NBC.)

Yodrak

My husband sent our I-130 petition to Nebraska office the other day (it's our service center).

But will our petition be forwarded to California office? If so why can't we send the petition to CSC directly so that the case could be processed faster?? Or actually can we send the petition to CSC?

Edited by Yodrak

Dear all,

Thank you for your reply!

What would happen if I send the petition to CSC directly? Would they send it back to NSC (and NSC will forward it back to CSC) or process it at CSC without forwarding it to NSC?? Or would they ignore my petition so that I won't receive NOA forever???

Edited by visavisa5463

Filed: Timeline

visavisa,

You forgot an alternative - the CSC returns the package to you and tells you that you submitted it to the wrong place.

Try it and let us know what happens.

Yodrak

Dear all,

Thank you for your reply!

What would happen if I send the petition to CSC directly? Would they send it back to NSC (and NSC will forward it back to CSC) or process it at CSC without forwarding it to NSC?? Or would they ignore my petition so that I won't receive NOA forever???

visavisa,

You forgot an alternative - the CSC returns the package to you and tells you that you submitted it to the wrong place.

Yodrak

Ohhhh that would be the worst case if CSC really does it :|

My husband had sent the petition to VSC already so I can't try it. But I heard that this local USCIS office at my husband's place (not NSC) told the person that he should send the petition to CSC, not NSC. That's why I'm wondering if it was possible to send the stuff to CSC directly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
visavisa,

Yodrak

Ohhhh that would be the worst case if CSC really does it :|

My husband had sent the petition to VSC already so I can't try it. But I heard that this local USCIS office at my husband's place (not NSC) told the person that he should send the petition to CSC, not NSC. That's why I'm wondering if it was possible to send the stuff to CSC directly.

No you need to send it to NVC if that is the region you live in. They then will it transfer it to CSC. Then CSC sends it to USCIS office after that.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Hi,

Now I can tell you what happens if we sent the petition to CSC directly, not to NSC....

It works.

This person sent the petition to CSC, and he received NOA already (in 10 days!). My husband sent the petition on the same day to NSC, and he's not received it yet. (they are living in the same state)

This guy visited the local USCIS and the office told him the alternative (& better) way, my husband on the other hand, didn't visit the office but just followed the instruction on I-130 form. Only these people who visit the local office can be informed what they actually have to do. :o

Now we know which way works better...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.