3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

From what i have read, I'm wondering........does a person need to apply for EAD and AP when going through DORA? Am I understanding correctly here...... do you have your AOS interview the first time when you go in with all your paperwork? I am still in Canada flying out on March 13th, getting married on March 15th and I have made the DORA appt. through INFOPASS for March 21st. So will we have the interview that day and then just have to go back for the Biometrics appt? If things go through fairly quickly.......... putting out the money for the EAD and AP might just be a waste of money, paperwork and time????

Susan

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
From what i have read, I'm wondering........does a person need to apply for EAD and AP when going through DORA? Am I understanding correctly here...... do you have your AOS interview the first time when you go in with all your paperwork? I am still in Canada flying out on March 13th, getting married on March 15th and I have made the DORA appt. through INFOPASS for March 21st. So will we have the interview that day and then just have to go back for the Biometrics appt? If things go through fairly quickly.......... putting out the money for the EAD and AP might just be a waste of money, paperwork and time????

Susan

hi

u don't need to apply for EAD or AP .because DORA in Oklahoma they didn't accept EAD or AP just AOS. and u must to be ready for interview. because they will interviewed u at same day when u will give them ur papers.

and do 2 pics (2inch on 2 inch). and ur husband too. in instruction for AOS said just me who must take 2 pic .but when we went to USCIS in oklahoma they said need 2 pic for my wife too.

wish u good luck

hicham

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Susan

hi

u don't need to apply for EAD or AP .because DORA in Oklahoma they didn't accept EAD or AP just AOS. and u must to be ready for interview. because they will interviewed u at same day when u will give them ur papers.

and do 2 pics (2inch on 2 inch). and ur husband too. in instruction for AOS said just me who must take 2 pic .but when we went to USCIS in oklahoma they said need 2 pic for my wife too.

wish u good luck

hicham

Thanks for the information Hicham. The only thing I'm not sure of is if we will have enough proof of the marriage other than the marriage certificate. I am arriving in Tulsa on March 13 and we are getting married on the 15th and then our AOS appt is on March 21st. We won't even have been married for one week yet by that time. My fiance is going to see if he can have my name added on the rental agreement but most other things will take a bit more time to have my name added to things and to be able to get proof of them. He talked to his bank about a month ago with regards to getting my name added to make it a joint account and the lady he spoke with said it would be no problem....... we won't have any checks or anything still to prove that either. Maybe they can give us a quick letter or something. Thanks again and keep us posted as to your timeline and when you get your biometrics appointment.

Susan

Feb 17/06 - I-129F Petition sent

Mar 1/06 - I-129F NOA1

May 12/06 - I-129F NOA2

June 7/06 - Packet 3 rec'd

Sept 6/06 - Packet 3 sent

Sept 15/06 - Rec'd letter with interview date

Sept 28/06 - Interview in Vancouver,BC and Visa in hand!

March 13/07 - US Entry

March 15/07 - WEDDING DAY

March 21/07 - AOS application & Interview through DORA Day 1

April 13/07 - Rec'd letter with Bio Appt. date Day 24

April 27/07 - Biometrics Appointment "touched" Day 38

April 30/07 - "Touched" Day 40

June 8/07 - Day 79...still waiting, haven't been touched or heard anything.

June 13/07 - Day 84..... I'm not having much faith in this DORA process..... closing in on the 90 day time frame real fast.....

June 19/07 - Day 90 ......nothing (Hubby calls Senator's Office)

June 20/07 - Day 91 - Got the "70 Day Letter" in the mail today :-(

June 22/07 - Mailed out EAD and AP by Priority Post Day 93

June 24/07 - EAD rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

June 29/07 - Day 100 - Infopass appt in OKC..... AOS stuck in name check

July 3/07 - Day 104 - Rec'd NOA for EAD

July 6/07 - Day 107 - Rec'd letter for EAD Bio Appt. for July 18th

July 18/07 -Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.