Serilei

Tourist visa to Russia

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, usually I would go to Finland for a new visa, apply and go back to Russia, but currently I am in the US, so this means that I forgot how things work after 5 years.

I know I can go through a Visa company to get one, but I am a bit limited on money and the consular fee is already $198.

What I want to ask is about the process of just doing this myself by mail.

I know I need an invitation, that is not a problem. I want to know what document to fill out and if I can send it in by mail or do I actually have to go through a Visa company?

I know I should have looked through the forums, but I have so much information coming in at once that I am beginning to confuse myself here.

So, could someone kindly lay out the process for me? I appreciate it a lot.

USICS Stage

May 2nd 2012 - I-130 Sent By Mail

May 7th 2012 - Arrived At Lockbox

May 10th 2012 - NOA 1 Email (rerouted to California)

May 17th 2012 - Accepted - NOA 2 Mail sent (To Russia - Not Arrived yet)

NVC Stage

June 20th 2012 - NVC Received + Case Number

Well, usually I would go to Finland for a new visa, apply and go back to Russia, but currently I am in the US, so this means that I forgot how things work after 5 years.

I know I can go through a Visa company to get one, but I am a bit limited on money and the consular fee is already $198.

What I want to ask is about the process of just doing this myself by mail.

I know I need an invitation, that is not a problem. I want to know what document to fill out and if I can send it in by mail or do I actually have to go through a Visa company?

I know I should have looked through the forums, but I have so much information coming in at once that I am beginning to confuse myself here.

So, could someone kindly lay out the process for me? I appreciate it a lot.

---------------------------------------------------Moved to RUB sub forum as this question is about a specific region---------------------------------------------------

Organizer hat off--

I think you have to use a visa company to obtain a tourist visa to Russia. There is a local company here in Denver that will charge $99 on top of the embassy fee. The Kazakhstani Embassy in Washington D.C. used to allow mailed in visa applications. They no longer allow you to mail them your passport so now you must use a visa company and pay their fees or go to Washington, D. C.--visa company fees are much cheaper. you can use https://www.visahq.com/register.php?redir=apply_for_visas.php%3Faction%3Dfill%26applicant_id%3D264191 for a multi-entry visa to Russia the cost is $272.

Dave

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I used a travel service for my Russian Visa. Anna at Russart was very friendly and got the job done. A friend of mine recommended to me. I know it is costly, but saved me stress and headache. All done via US post. Well worth it to me...

http://www.visarussiatravel.com/index

Visa Received: 2015-03-02 (K1 - See timeline for details)
US Entry: 2015-04-09
POE: Portland, OR
Marriage: 2015-06-20
I-485/I-756 Sent: 2015-06-30
EAD Card Received: 2015-10-02    
I-485 Approval: 2016-01-13
Greencard Received: 2016-01-23

I-751 Filed ROC: 2017-10-18

I-751 Received NOA1 18mo. Extension: 2018-10-16

N-400 Filed Online: 2018-11-25

I-751 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

N-400 Interview/Approval: 2019-05-22

Citizenship Oath: 2019-09-21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.