spmalone

I need some help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I could use some help if you can. I am looking for cases where the K-2 was 18 or older when the K-1 married and the K-2 was able to AOS. My K-2 was denied because when I married her mother, the K-1, the K-2 was 18. Please if you know of people who are like my K-2 but got the AOS I really need to chat with them. My thanks to everybody who can help.

Shawn

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I could use some help if you can. I am looking for cases where the K-2 was 18 or older when the K-1 married and the K-2 was able to AOS. My K-2 was denied because when I married her mother, the K-1, the K-2 was 18. Please if you know of people who are like my K-2 but got the AOS I really need to chat with them. My thanks to everybody who can help.

Shawn

Are you sure about this... you can get a K2 for the child as long as the child is unmarried and is under 21. You can also adjust that child as long as they are under 21 for sure..

From the USCIS website.. http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/fiance.htm

U.S. citizens who will be getting married to a foreign national in the United States may petition for a fiancé(e) classification (K-1) for their fiancé(e). You and your fiancé(e) must be free to marry. This means that both of you are unmarried, or that any previous marriages have ended through divorce, annulment or death. You must also have met with your fiancé(e) in person within the last two years before filing for the fiancé(e) visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé(e) in person would violate long-established customs, or if meeting your fiancé(e) would create extreme hardship for you. You and your fiancé(e) must marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.

You may also apply to bring your fiancé(e)'s unmarried children, who are under age 21, to the United States.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Shawn

Are you sure about this... you can get a K2 for the child as long as the child is unmarried and is under 21. You can also adjust that child as long as they are under 21 for sure..

U.S. citizens who will be getting married to a foreign national in the United States may petition for a fiancé(e) classification (K-1) for their fiancé(e). You and your fiancé(e) must be free to marry. This means that both of you are unmarried, or that any previous marriages have ended through divorce, annulment or death. You must also have met with your fiancé(e) in person within the last two years before filing for the fiancé(e) visa. This requirement can be waived only if meeting your fiancé(e) in person would violate long-established customs, or if meeting your fiancé(e) would create extreme hardship for you. You and your fiancé(e) must marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.

You may also apply to bring your fiancé(e)'s unmarried children, who are under age 21, to the United States.

Yes, it is very strange to us. We have been to court and the Judge did try to get the ICE lawyer to move off his position. The ICE lawyer would have expect the local INS office is stuck on the word minor. The law defines the "child" but not "minor child" . It does use the word child and minor child as if they are the same. Yes, this does seem simple to us. So, if we can prove that USCIS gives out AOS's even when the parents marry after the child turns 18 our case becomes very easy since they have to apply the law the same even if you are in a different district. The issue at hand is my K-2 is getting very close to being 21, so time is not in our favore.

Thank You

Shawn

Shawn

Yes, it is very strange to us. We have been to court and the Judge did try to get the ICE lawyer to move off his position. The ICE lawyer would have expect the local INS office is stuck on the word minor. The law defines the "child" but not "minor child" . It does use the word child and minor child as if they are the same. Yes, this does seem simple to us. So, if we can prove that USCIS gives out AOS's even when the parents marry after the child turns 18 our case becomes very easy since they have to apply the law the same even if you are in a different district. The issue at hand is my K-2 is getting very close to being 21, so time is not in our favore.

Thank You

Shawn

Just as an added note, the Jugde said it was refreshing to have a case in which nothing had been done wrong by the person seeking AOS. He than looked at my K 2 and made it clear that she had done nothing whatsoever wrong.

Shawn

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Shawn

Thank You

Shawn

Shawn

Thank You

Shawn

Just as an added note, the Jugde said it was refreshing to have a case in which nothing had been done wrong by the person seeking AOS. He than looked at my K 2 and made it clear that she had done nothing whatsoever wrong.

Shawn

Sounds like the immigration judge is on your side... and they're the one who makes the decision. What does your lawyer say about this... Maybe you should show them this and tell them to read their own damn website...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

Shawn

Thank You

Shawn

Shawn

Thank You

Shawn

Shawn

Sounds like the immigration judge is on your side... and they're the one who makes the decision. What does your lawyer say about this... Maybe you should show them this and tell them to read their own damn website...

If the judge said give her the green card the local INS would appeal. The appeal process is to long and she would age out. We are now in the process of taking the case to district court. At district court I can appeal but the INS can not.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

My husband entered the US in August 2004 as a K-1 and his K-2 son was 19 at the time. They had their AOS interviews in August 2005 (his son was 20 years old by then) and the AOS was granted to both with no problem.

Hope you get your situation straightened out alright, especially before the K-2 turns 21!

Edited to say, this was at the Chicago Illinois District Office.

Edited by pj1959us

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.