Aasim

CSPA not approved

23 posts in this topic

Actually i have a sister who is 24 years old and we have file for immigration in 2002 and it became approved in 2010 but still her name is blocked at the nvc site for filling up for the ds-260 form stating that she is inapplicable for the us visa.We also mailed nvc about this case but there was no reply.Some people are saying that her immigration will be approved directly at the time of the interview.Please help us in what steps should we take in this case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Which country, which category?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Actually i have a sister who is 24 years old and we have file for immigration in 2002 and it became approved in 2010 but still her name is blocked at the nvc site for filling up for the ds-260 form stating that she is inapplicable for the us visa.We also mailed nvc about this case but there was no reply.Some people are saying that her immigration will be approved directly at the time of the interview.Please help us in what steps should we take in this case.

What is your sister date of birth and what is your priority date also the date NVC received your case. you will need these to calculate her age for CSPA review. In my experience I wrote an email to NVC with all above info and showed why my derivative beneficiary qualified for cspa and he was added back to the case . I must say I have seen cases on Visa Journey, where some people said that they went to the interview with their parent and at time they were added back and filled out and paid this visa application fee. So hope is not loss for your sister along as her Age for CSPA is below 21.

Just from the info you provided your sister date of birth is some time in 1991 therefore she was 11 at the time of application. her age was frozen until 2010 when NVC got her case so her age now for CSPA is 16 years old. I am assuming that your priority date is current now and if my assumption are correct she is applicable for CSPA and should be add back to the case.

What is your sister date of birth and what is your priority date also the date NVC received your case. you will need these to calculate her age for CSPA review. In my experience I wrote an email to NVC with all above info and showed why my derivative beneficiary qualified for cspa and he was added back to the case . I must say I have seen cases on Visa Journey, where some people said that they went to the interview with their parent and at time they were added back and filled out and paid this visa application fee. So hope is not loss for your sister along as her Age for CSPA is below 21.

Just from the info you provided your sister date of birth is some time in 1991 therefore she was 11 at the time of application. her age was frozen until 2010 when NVC got her case so her age now for CSPA is 16 years old. I am assuming that your priority date is current now and if my assumption are correct she is applicable for CSPA and should be add back to the case.

Yes i know she should be added back even after sending the email as showed by you they havent replied to us yet and its has been months.I hope she gets added at the time of the interview

Which country, which category?

Sorry i didnt mention but my case is from India and it is F4 Category

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like she should be OK.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yes i know she should be added back even after sending the email as showed by you they havent replied to us yet and its has been months.I hope she gets added at the time of the interview

Sorry i didnt mention but my case is from India and it is F4 Category

I would suggest to take her to the interview and she will be added back them and process with the rest of the family. As i said before , I have seen member of Visajourney has their CSPA case review at the interview and the beneficiary added back and issued visa at the same time with family members.

I would suggest to take her to the interview and she will be added back them and process with the rest of the family. As i said before , I have seen member of Visajourney has their CSPA case review at the interview and the beneficiary added back and issued visa at the same time with family members.

Also remember to take all her documents to , Birth Certificate , pictures etc

But i have heard that it will take 15 days for her after me and my parents interview as here ds260 form had not yet been filled up so do you know anything about that or she would directly be aproved for visa along with me and my parents

I guess she will fill out the ds-260 at the embassy , but maybe it the Medical that embassy awaits before final approval. because she cannot do a medical without a letter from the embassy stating that she must do so.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

How can she go to the embassy without having her name on the interview list? Will they allow her to give interview? I am facing the same thing. Should i go along in the interview? Will they let me in?

I guess she will fill out the ds-260 at the embassy , but maybe it the Medical that embassy awaits before final approval. because she cannot do a medical without a letter from the embassy stating that she must do so.

yes i know they need medical but if they approve her cspa age there in the mumbai embassy then we have decided to take out her medical in mumbai itself so it would not be an issue

How can she go to the embassy without having her name on the interview list? Will they allow her to give interview? I am facing the same thing. Should i go along in the interview? Will they let me in?

I am myself confused.Do you fit in the cspa age and if yes when is your interview.I think my interview will be fixed around february as my priority date will be active in february so i will let you know if they allowed her or not.If u have an early interview date let me know.

if you read you welcome letter it mention info on cspa, what your parent have to do is mention your name and your cspa info to your Consular Officer and they will allow you beneficiary to have access to the embassy. the person might have to wait outside until you have this cleared up. if you check this website you will see that is what alot of persons who qualified for CSPA and the NVC send their case to local embassy have cspa reviewed did at the time of interview.. I was lucky that I paid for beneficiary application Fee on ceac website before they dropped my beneficiary, so the nvc had to review my case and add back him.

Edited by mistyblues

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So you are suggesting that i should go along. Right?

So you are suggesting that i should go along. Right? Also i want to tell you that my DS260 is also not submitted yet. Bec the CO has to determine eligibility for CSPA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.