rochelel

For Jamaican Members, but anyone can get an input

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Clearly you just went thought the process everyone seems to be just talking about the process when the I-130 gets sent in, but what about all the document you have to get ready to start the process:

Like the birth certificate- To my understanding the person mom and dad names needs to be on it. And if it not there, there is a different process we have to go thought to get it on there.

Like how much vaccine they need, and where is the best place to get them from, can you get them from the local clinic? Because at Andrews it is very expensive.

The police record, how long does it take to come, who do you have to do to get it?

There is a lot of pre-planning involved in this process, a lot of document that needs to be gathered.

Those are some of the things i need to help me to understand, after i put the paper work in i put it in God's hand's

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

- Moved from CR-1/IR-1 Filing and Progress Reports to Caribbean subforum -

- Questions are country-specific -

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Hi

Police report can be as little as 2 days with express option. I got it when my case when to the NVC. By the time i had a case number I was ready with it.

I already had my birth certificate in hand.

I did my vaccines at my local doctor but you can go to a clinic. Many clinics seemed to be out of some though especially if you were not a child. Definitely spent less than if I had done it at Andrews. Find your old immunization card or you will have to get vaccines you had received before.

USCIS:

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-08-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-05-10

I-130 RFE : 2013-12-17

I-130 RFE Sent : 2013-12-30 (they lost his picture)

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-13

NVC:

NVC Received : 2014-02-21

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-03-10

DS-261 form reject- under review: NVC keeps saying the form is incorrect. They made an error for two months re this form.

Checklist 1 AOS : They wanted 2013 even though we filed before the end of tax season

Receive IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Send IV Package : 2014-05-26

Checklist 2 AOS : 2014-06-06 Issue with resubmitted I-864 form - did not auto populate one of the numbers

Requested Expedite : 2014-07-11

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-07-18

Consulate Received : 2014-07-25

Embassy:

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-07-29

Medical : 2014-07-31

Interview : 2014-08-08 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE Miami: 2014-09-09

Timeline

We got the shots at the local clinic, but the one they don't have i get at a local doc because i still think they will be cheaper than going to Andrews

Thanks

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Filed: Timeline

Have at least 3 original birth-certs for process (1 is needed at interview & they lose stuff at times)

Wait until case is completed B4 getting police cert...They will last only mths

Local clinics use to have dates for vaccines free make sure to get a record when vaccines is given

Get vaccines taken care of, have all certs (original on hand), put papers together in a file that will

be a part of your process, Its mot that hard if case is str8 forward with no negative history such

as pass crimes or revelations of prior drug use

Filed: Timeline

Not having the parents name on the birth certificate can be a frustrating and time consuming situation. You will need to visit the Registrar General's Department in Kingston to get a late registration form or father's particulars form. The parents will need to complete forms, you will have to have them witnessed by a JP. If the parents cannot appear with you in Kingston, you will need to bring their IDs. If the parents are deceased you will need death certificates and maybe even birth certificates of other siblings and/or primary school and baptismal records with your patent's and your name on it to prove they are indeed your parents. This will all be done with a fee, of course. I know this first hand because my fiancé and I just completed this process and his name nor his father's name was on the birth records when he went to get the "new" Jamaica birth certificate to apply for the Caricom passport. It took about month but with prayer and patience, we survived. Good luck, you can do it!! :yes:

• 2 months later...
Timeline

We got the shots at the local clinic, but the one they don't have i get at a local doc because i still think they will be cheaper than going to Andrews

Thanks

Hi

Police report can be as little as 2 days with express option. I got it when my case when to the NVC. By the time i had a case number I was ready with it.

I already had my birth certificate in hand.

I did my vaccines at my local doctor but you can go to a clinic. Many clinics seemed to be out of some though especially if you were not a child. Definitely spent less than if I had done it at Andrews. Find your old immunization card or you will have to get vaccines you had received before.

Can either of you give me an idea of how much it cost to get the vaccines? I cannot find my immunization card so I'm going to need everything! Thanks

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Timeline

Can either of you give me an idea of how much it cost to get the vaccines? I cannot find my immunization card so I'm going to need everything! Thanks

sorry that was back in 2014 and i dont remember well....at least $100 usd depending on what you need

USCIS:

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-08-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-05-10

I-130 RFE : 2013-12-17

I-130 RFE Sent : 2013-12-30 (they lost his picture)

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-13

NVC:

NVC Received : 2014-02-21

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-10

Submit DS-261 : 2014-03-10

DS-261 form reject- under review: NVC keeps saying the form is incorrect. They made an error for two months re this form.

Checklist 1 AOS : They wanted 2013 even though we filed before the end of tax season

Receive IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Pay IV Bill : 2014-05-23

Send IV Package : 2014-05-26

Checklist 2 AOS : 2014-06-06 Issue with resubmitted I-864 form - did not auto populate one of the numbers

Requested Expedite : 2014-07-11

Case Completed at NVC : 2014-07-18

Consulate Received : 2014-07-25

Embassy:

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2014-07-29

Medical : 2014-07-31

Interview : 2014-08-08 - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE Miami: 2014-09-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.