Bori y Muneca

Good or frustrating news going forward

5 posts in this topic

Good evening all, I received an email today regarding my case in petition of my wife. Form I130. It said that my case was transferred from the Texas Service Center that was handling the case from the start. Is this bad news that will cause for delays or am I missing something? Your response is appreciated very much. God Bless

It's probably a good thing - USCIS tries to load-balance by moving cases from a heavily backlogged center to one that's less overloaded. Without knowing more details, though, we can't do more than guess. I'm going to move your post to a subforum where this question sometimes gets discussed. You might want to check out a few of the relevant topic threads there, such as this one.

- Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to USCIS Service Centers forum -

- This topic is frequently discussed in that forum -

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well...I hope it's good news for you. I got the same email a month after my I-130 went to TSC. The letter that followed in the mail said that it was transferred to the National benefits Center for faster processing. In reality, it was sent to the local field office for interview and I ended up wating 10 months for an interview. :(

Edited by tsabbas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just received the same thing on my status.

Hopefully its good news for us, i filed in early august so i was waiting for noa2 late january/early feb, this cant delay our process, its extremely frustrating. If it does in fact make it faster though, i will give credit where credit is due and thank the USCIS

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

If this is some comfort, my PD is 12/31/2014. My case was transferred from Vermont to California in September and I got an approval in 1 month. Good luck to everyone. I am now awaiting AOS.

Chejemmie Timeline:​
7/31/2013​ - Moved to US on F1 visa
4/16/2014​ - Married LPR; in relationship for 12yrs
12/30/​2014 - Applied for F2A visa on I-130 (Vermont)
12/31/2014 - P​D
1/5/2015 - NOA1 received
8/27/2015 - Case transferred to California
9/22/2015 - Petition approved (NOA2) Case send to NVC
10/22/2015 - Filed AOS application at Chicago Lockbox.
10/27/2015 - Case received by NVC
11/2/2015 - Received welcome letter.<p>
11/4/2015 - Received receipt notice for I-485 and EAD via text and email
12/07/15 - inquiry on status of biometric
12/21/15 - response via mail that case in pre-processing stage
12/28/15 - inquiry on status of EAD
12/29/15 - response via mail; in suspension until bio is done. Also received bio appointment for 01/12/16.

01/12/16- bio appointment successful

01/12/16-received rfe via mail for joint sponsor and proof of imm. status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.