Francel

Question about I-864 for Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all.

For those who have their interviews scheduled this March, And April 2007,,,,,,,I have a question. (Petitioners and beneficiaries)

This is my dilemna.

I signed my I-864 last December 28, 2006 and submitted this to NVC (1 each for my mom and dad).

At that time, only the 2005 Tax returns were available.

I submitted the 2003-2005 RETURN Transcripts.......take note, I signed the I-864 in December 2006. I submitted 3 years' returns even if the most recent one is only required,

According to NVC rules/guidelines, I am not obliged to submit 2006 tax returns for my parents' interview this coming April 2007 (since when I signed my I-864 in Dec, 2006 for submission to NVC, only the 2005 tax return was available).

Do you think that Manila Embassy consuls are familiar with this rule/guideline? (Sometimes they can be very hard to please...........and they can be stubborn).

Or would they still require me to submit the 2006 TAX RETURNS? What do you think?

How about you all, who submitted their I-864s to NVC last 2006 (and signed in 2006) and now has this 2007 Interview Schedule............are you going to submit the 2006 tax returns also?

Because my I-864 is all about the 2005,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now, we're doing this all over again.....to Manila Embassy.....if they would require us with the 2006 Transcripts.

Anybody here (IR) who got interviewed this March 2007 recently, and were just asked to show 2005 transcripts?

I'm familiar that IR visa categories submits I-864 twice,......... and K1s only once (with a different form).

SO maybe, this is more for IR categories----who had to submit I-864 to NVC AND to Manila Embassy.

Thanks so much.

Love yah all!

Edited by Francel

I interviewed in Australia June 2006. Tax returns had been submitted to NVC for 2002,2003,2004 as hubby hadn't filed the 2005 yet. I took it along to the interview just in case. Lucky I did as the 2005 was requested.

If you have the 2006, I would have it on hand just in case.

All the best.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you Jamrok and Aussie.

I appreciate it.

I just found out that I can send certified copies of the 2006 1040s. Coz we filed online.

I'll be sure to have the 2006 Tax info. Thank you......... - Francel

Hi all.

For those who have their interviews scheduled this March, And April 2007,,,,,,,I have a question. (Petitioners and beneficiaries)

This is my dilemna.

I signed my I-864 last December 28, 2006 and submitted this to NVC (1 each for my mom and dad).

At that time, only the 2005 Tax returns were available.

I submitted the 2003-2005 RETURN Transcripts.......take note, I signed the I-864 in December 2006. I submitted 3 years' returns even if the most recent one is only required,

According to NVC rules/guidelines, I am not obliged to submit 2006 tax returns for my parents' interview this coming April 2007 (since when I signed my I-864 in Dec, 2006 for submission to NVC, only the 2005 tax return was available).

Do you think that Manila Embassy consuls are familiar with this rule/guideline? (Sometimes they can be very hard to please...........and they can be stubborn).

Or would they still require me to submit the 2006 TAX RETURNS? What do you think?

How about you all, who submitted their I-864s to NVC last 2006 (and signed in 2006) and now has this 2007 Interview Schedule............are you going to submit the 2006 tax returns also?

Because my I-864 is all about the 2005,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Now, we're doing this all over again.....to Manila Embassy.....if they would require us with the 2006 Transcripts.

Anybody here (IR) who got interviewed this March 2007 recently, and were just asked to show 2005 transcripts?

I'm familiar that IR visa categories submits I-864 twice,......... and K1s only once (with a different form).

SO maybe, this is more for IR categories----who had to submit I-864 to NVC AND to Manila Embassy.

Thanks so much.

Love yah all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.