m134

Several questions regarding AOS forms

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all. Just several more quick questions about all the AOS forms my fiance (K-1 holder) filled out. She had these questions:

1) On the I-485 and other forms when filling out the address there's a field which says "in care of" . What does this mean? Should she put my name or hers? Or leave blank?

2) On the I-864 there's a field which asks for a USCIS ELIS account number. I don't think she has this. Is that OK?

3) For the I-765 for the eligibility category she put ©(9) . The instructions say to put (a)(6) if she files within 90 days however she arrived on August 7 so the 90 days will be over in a week. Should I just keep the ©(9)??

4) Regarding fees, when I file everything together I can waive the I-131 and I-765. Does that mean I just pay $1,070 for everything? According to the link here it is $1,070.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

What about I-864? What I found indicated no fees but I just wanna make sure.

Thanks! If all is accurate I can finally send everything out on Monday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Evening! We are at the same stage at this time as well and have a lot of questions because, it is totally unclear to me as well. As far as I have read that USCIS ELIS isn't something you may have not unless it's the first case number that was given from USCIS

And for a joint sponsor if you would know would they fill out a separate application?

Hi all. Just several more quick questions about all the AOS forms my fiance (K-1 holder) filled out. She had these questions:

1) On the I-485 and other forms when filling out the address there's a field which says "in care of" . What does this mean? Should she put my name or hers? Or leave blank?

2) On the I-864 there's a field which asks for a USCIS ELIS account number. I don't think she has this. Is that OK?

3) For the I-765 for the eligibility category she put ©(9) . The instructions say to put (a)(6) if she files within 90 days however she arrived on August 7 so the 90 days will be over in a week. Should I just keep the ©(9)??

4) Regarding fees, when I file everything together I can waive the I-131 and I-765. Does that mean I just pay $1,070 for everything? According to the link here it is $1,070.

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485

What about I-864? What I found indicated no fees but I just wanna make sure.

Thanks! If all is accurate I can finally send everything out on Monday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Category for filing as a K-1 entrant before AOS is (a )(6 ), and you have to pay the $380 fee for that.

The fee is waived when filed with a pending I-485. The category is (c )(9 )- adjustment applicant.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.