Flora Lau Mendez

Expedite Request Approved :)

78 posts in this topic

Congrats! :D So happy for you!

Next you have to check you visa status, if it is changed from 'at NVC' to 'in transit',
you can actually track your mail on DHL
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/
this is a very awesome post that teaches you how.

You can also ask me if you don't know how :)

When the local consulate receives the mail,
your visa status will say 'ready'.

For me, they actually called me on the same day they got my case,
and then they briefly asked me the reasons of my expedite.
Then the lady said that she would talk to her boss the next day and would try to get the earliest available time slot for my interview.

And she called me the next day and said NOV 2nd!
Will have my medical exam tomorrow :)
It all happened so soon that I still couldn't believe it.
After all, I had been stuck for half a year.
And I am having my interview in half of a month!

My expedite is approved!!!! yay!!! what is next?

Ok, I need help! My case changed to ready after being in transit for one day only. What I do now? I tried to go to ustraveldocs.com and see if I can schedule my interview , but they saying wait after you get a letter from embassy . Also, they list 3 groups and I think I belong to group 3 ( need VAC and Embassy appointment), but I was scared to proceed further with my choices. What I should do now? Wait?

Can you call the local embassy and ask?
They just called me directly and immediately after receiving my case.
Good luck ^_^

Ok, I need help! My case changed to ready after being in transit for one day only. What I do now? I tried to go to ustraveldocs.com and see if I can schedule my interview , but they saying wait after you get a letter from embassy . Also, they list 3 groups and I think I belong to group 3 ( need VAC and Embassy appointment), but I was scared to proceed further with my choices. What I should do now? Wait?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have seen more than one post about embassy's calling you with an expedite request.

What happens if I miss their call?

I am bad about answering a u.s. number I do not recognize.

I have been communicating with them thru email though....

My case has said ready since October 14, and the status was last updated October 21.

Timeline

Maybe you should try emailing your embassy and ask them what to do now.

If your expedite request is approved, the local embassy will contact the applicant asap (ideally).
I don't think it is a U.S. number but a local one. For my case, they used a private number (to prevent people calling their direct number I guess).
I missed their first call so they left a voice message saying that they would try to reach me again shortly.

If the status was updated recently again, perhaps it means they got you an interview date,
that's what happened to me after they scheduled me an interview date.
Here's what it says on CEAC:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. "

I have seen more than one post about embassy's calling you with an expedite request.

What happens if I miss their call?

I am bad about answering a u.s. number I do not recognize.

I have been communicating with them thru email though....

My case has said ready since October 14, and the status was last updated October 21.

Ok, i emailed them but got a strange kind of automated respond without helpful information. I am a petitioner. Do they supposed to call beneficiary?

I heard we can make out own appointments online on ustraveldocs. com if our case is expedited.

I just don't feel 100% secure to do it now. I will wait till monday and call them. Since I started the immigration process I hate weekends... LOL

Timeline

Well in my case, I have nothing to worry about as they have not left me a message if they did call me.

I already received the email about the expedited approval.

I have also been sending emails to inquire about case arrival to the embassy and they said they will send me instructions shortly.

So I am expecting to receive the p4 interview packet this upcoming week then.

Because my CEAC also shows that in the text for Ready.

Timeline

Ok, i emailed them but got a strange kind of automated respond without helpful information. I am a petitioner. Do they supposed to call beneficiary?

I heard we can make out own appointments online on ustraveldocs. com if our case is expedited.

I just don't feel 100% secure to do it now. I will wait till monday and call them. Since I started the immigration process I hate weekends... LOL

LOL

But they will respond to the email.

I think that is the default email for all embassies, because mine sends and autoresponder, and then if not 24 hours, then 3 days later they will respond.

I am not sure about your country using ustraveldocs, but my country does not so I am simply waiting to hear from the embassy. I have included in more than one email my preferred interview date.

LOL

But they will respond to the email.

I think that is the default email for all embassies, because mine sends and autoresponder, and then if not 24 hours, then 3 days later they will respond.

I am not sure about your country using ustraveldocs, but my country does not so I am simply waiting to hear from the embassy. I have included in more than one email my preferred interview date.

Yes, I got the second email, one was automated message and I got another one later that day , different from automated message but without answer to my question.

I am sure, we all will hear something very soon. They should call or email, but I also know that some Dominican petit./ benefic./ go ahead and schedule appts on website ustravelcos.com . It works for K1 visas and CR1/IR1 if you got expedited.

The problem is that I already have schedule for work for a whole month and its difficult to take any time off now and it would be a big help if I can schedule appt online and look what dates are available. Certainly, we need it for medical too.

Keep in touch,

I have an update. I was able to go to ustraveldocs.com and schedule my visa interview appointment . Is soon as ceac shows ready, we who expedited cases wit DR embassy are able to do it. My big day is NOV 19 th.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for all your help!

Timeline

I have an update. I was able to go to ustraveldocs.com and schedule my visa interview appointment . Is soon as ceac shows ready, we who expedited cases wit DR embassy are able to do it. My big day is NOV 19 th.

Good luck to everyone and thank you for all your help!

Okay, I hope all goes well!

Do keep us updated.

Good luck.

Timeline

I wish there were more expedite only threads. I know I personally will only be in the process for just a little while longer, but I know how helpful it can be, considering our processes are switched around ever so slightly.

With that being said.

Do I really need to follow up with embassy like I could with nvc in regards to inquiring about an interview date if it has been two weeks?

Or should I wait for them to contact us, like they say?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

So how long did you guys have to wait for the confirmation email saying they had received your expedite request and would look into it? We emailed on Sunday and still haven't even gotten an automated email saying they have received our request.

Oksmel, good luck with your interview on the 19th.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.