abhishek1984

No Ring Ceremony,need advice please for NEWDELHI CONSULATE...

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for that, you came up with a lot of question and once I start to prepare him for the interview we are definitely going over that list. It seems in India just be extra prepared and hopefully we will be ready.

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Recently, my fiancee went for interview @ Delhi and I was with her. Our application was front loaded and prepared by a immigration lawyer ( VJ helped all the way to collect the documents - Thanks VJ). But, during interview , she was asked all the standard questions and more. She was divorced before and she was ask reasons with details. Took the photo albums and ask her to wait and then called her back again. Ask about marriage plans, why KI visa. However, if you have all the answers and you answered them confidently and you have supporting documents to prove those, I think, you will be approved. Delhi Embassy is not easy except one lady ( window 20, white looking), but she was handling mostly parents visa ( 0 token number) visa.

Did the white lady have dark hair? I wonder if she's the same lady who did our Interview yesterday. We were approved by her, so I don't think Window 20 mainly handles O tokens (and those are easy cases anyway. O tokens designate people who are filing for a Visa as a Parent/Relative/Etc. We didn't see one single O token applicant get rejected. So it's not like getting the White lady is a guaranteed success for N tokens(Fiance/Spouse Visas)), it also probably depends mostly on the order in which people finished filing their documents and what the work load is like that day. For us she'd been switching between the two fairly frequently. As for talk of the "Dragon Lady" We never actually saw her when we were at the Embassy yesterday, so I think they must have a decent size pool of COs that switch in out and each day.

For our interview there were zero questions asked about a lack of Ring Ceremony. Either the White Lady is indeed the "easy" interview, or perhaps it's because Linny is of Mizo descent (they're Christian rather than Hindu.) I think if you have other proof of your relationship, however, then you don't really need evidence of a ring ceremony. Heck, we didn't even have additional photos she questioned us about and we still got approved. I think as long as you have a strong case, with good financial support, you should be okay.

Besides, on a downer note, we saw people with stacks of evidence, paper, photos, whatever and they were still hit with 221gs (Blue forms). A lack of Ring Ceremony evidence isn't going to be the deciding factor in your case, it's going to be how authentic your case seems, how confident and passionately your Fiance talks with them at the window. Evidence helps, but I'm just saying don't fret over what you don't have, work on collecting what you do have.

If Linny and I can provide anymore help, do let us know, we'd love to be able to help other couples going through this process. No matter what, remain calm, confident, and good luck!

Timeline

Did the white lady have dark hair? I wonder if she's the same lady who did our Interview yesterday. We were approved by her, so I don't think Window 20 mainly handles O tokens (and those are easy cases anyway. O tokens designate people who are filing for a Visa as a Parent/Relative/Etc. We didn't see one single O token applicant get rejected. So it's not like getting the White lady is a guaranteed success for N tokens(Fiance/Spouse Visas)), it also probably depends mostly on the order in which people finished filing their documents and what the work load is like that day. For us she'd been switching between the two fairly frequently. As for talk of the "Dragon Lady" We never actually saw her when we were at the Embassy yesterday, so I think they must have a decent size pool of COs that switch in out and each day.

For our interview there were zero questions asked about a lack of Ring Ceremony. Either the White Lady is indeed the "easy" interview, or perhaps it's because Linny is of Mizo descent (they're Christian rather than Hindu.) I think if you have other proof of your relationship, however, then you don't really need evidence of a ring ceremony. Heck, we didn't even have additional photos she questioned us about and we still got approved. I think as long as you have a strong case, with good financial support, you should be okay.

Besides, on a downer note, we saw people with stacks of evidence, paper, photos, whatever and they were still hit with 221gs (Blue forms). A lack of Ring Ceremony evidence isn't going to be the deciding factor in your case, it's going to be how authentic your case seems, how confident and passionately your Fiance talks with them at the window. Evidence helps, but I'm just saying don't fret over what you don't have, work on collecting what you do have.

If Linny and I can provide anymore help, do let us know, we'd love to be able to help other couples going through this process. No matter what, remain calm, confident, and good luck!

thank you very much.....and i will update as soon as i get chance....

Timeline

Hello everyone!sorry for the late update as I slept as soon as I came back cos I couldn't sleep at all,the last night and was extremely tired.Please check my profile for the review and yes I GOT AN APPROVAL!!!.Thank you everyone whoever gave me moral support.I wish you guys all the best.

Timeline

Congratulations!!!! So happy for ya'll!!!

06/14/2015: Engaged!!!

07/07/2015: Left India for the USA...

08/13/2015: Priority mailed in I-129F to Texas LockBox.

08/13/2015: Started process on PCC for Guwahati, India.

08/17/2015: USCIS received I-129F petition.

08/19/2015: NOAI off to California Service Center!!

08/24/2015: NOAI receipt received.

08/25/2015: PCC received from Guwahati, India.

09/03/2015: NOAII Approval!!

09/04/2015: NOAII approval updated on website.

09/09/2015: NOAII received in mail.

09/24/2015: NVC received our case!

10/01/2015: Embassy receives case

10/15/2015: Sent out PCC for Thailand.

10/17/2015: Medical Exam.

...................: Received PCC from Thailand??

...................: Bio-metrics??

...................: Interview??

...................: POE somewhere on the east coast....

01/15/2016: Getting Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.