theresaL

Affidaivit of Support

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello all,

I am currently waiting approval of a K-1 petition for my fiancé and I have a question about the I-134 and what is considered "financial support". I currently live with my elderly mother and she has asked that after my financé and I marry if we would continue to live with her as she doesn't want to live alone since my father passed away 6 months ago. In addition to being in my pentultimate semester for a Masters Degree I also teach part time as an adjunct at the same University. I meet the income requirements for a household of 2 based on my 2014 tax return however, for 2015 my income is lower due to class schedule conflicts and the need to finish my research papers. I foresee the potential need for a co-sponsor but I am uncertain what qualifies as financial support and household size. I pay no rent or utilities, we share the grocery expenses, but all other personal expenses are my responsibility. She does not claim me as a dependent nor I her on our individual taxes. So, the question is: for the I-134 would we be classified as a household of 3 or 2 and since we will not be paying rent or utilities does that qualify as financial support?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.