12 posts in this topic

Hello

my husband called the NVC and asked for birth certificate which we didn't send we only went the naturalisation certificate. I was born in Pakistan and I never has one but we ordered one and it's got Afghanistan ( parents were born there) on the top which will look like we are lying can't send that one.

Question if we call the NVC and say we don't have it or its got a mistake on it would that make it difficult or shall we just send the naturalisation one? Please help

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The answer depends on the reason they are asking for a birth certificate. It is unusual to ask for the US Citizen's birth certificate at the NVC stage, but the foreign spouse's birth certificate is required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

I'm not a US citizen I'm the beneficiary

Then a Naturalization Certificate would not apply to you. Your birth certificate is required at the NVC stage. If you were "Naturalized" and had a Naturalization certificate, you wouldn't be applying for a visa. If I'm not understanding the question, please ask it again more clearly.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I m the beneficiary and my husband is in USA and I am in UK he has sent the documents and I by mistake sent him the naturalisation certificate and we both thought it's the birth certificate..now we called NVC and they are asking for the birth certificate ..my question was that it has a mistake on it I was born in Pakistan but they have put Afghanistan on it as I am originally from Afghanistan we had order the birth certificate from Pakistan for my British passport..I am sure we have used it but I don't want it to create a big problem for me as it clearly says in passport that I was born in Pakistan and on birth certificate it says Afghanistan

also the problem is that in Pakistan afghan have no rights to get passport there and never heard of afghans getting birth certificate.

do I have to send this one becauseI am ssure in the UK they have a record of it and they didn't say anything about it having Afghanistan on top of it and not Pakistan

shall we just send this birth certificate and just explain the mistake to them? Or just send it and not say anything??

Timeline

I m the beneficiary and my husband is in USA and I am in UK he has sent the documents and I by mistake sent him the naturalisation certificate and we both thought it's the birth certificate..now we called NVC and they are asking for the birth certificate ..my question was that it has a mistake on it I was born in Pakistan but they have put Afghanistan on it as I am originally from Afghanistan we had order the birth certificate from Pakistan for my British passport..I am sure we have used it but I don't want it to create a big problem for me as it clearly says in passport that I was born in Pakistan and on birth certificate it says Afghanistan

also the problem is that in Pakistan afghan have no rights to get passport there and never heard of afghans getting birth certificate.

do I have to send this one becauseI am ssure in the UK they have a record of it and they didn't say anything about it having Afghanistan on top of it and not Pakistan

shall we just send this birth certificate and just explain the mistake to them? Or just send it and not say anything??

You must send them the birth certificate. You can explain, or not explain. Truth is the issue here. From what you say above, "I am originally from Afghanistan" but you also say, "I was born in Pakistan". Only one of those statements can be true. Which is it? Just what is the mistake, or untruth? If you were actually born in Afghanistan, then a birth certificate saying you were born in Afghanistan is not a "mistake".

It's always a "mistake" to complete official government paperwork, (no matter which government it is) with information that is untrue, no matter how one might benefit from doing so. Believe me, I understand "why" people do this. My own stepdaughter's "birth certificate" from China has her date of birth three months earlier than when she was actually born. The family "falsified" government documents to benefit by her starting school a year early. Years later, when immigration to the USA was imminent, correcting this "lie" was not so easy, so ALL her documentation, including her Chinese Passport, K-4 visa, Green card, US driver license, Chinese driver license and now US Passport, have the wrong date of birth. That's HER consequence. Yours may be more severe, if I'm understanding correctly, what you wrote above.

If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, you were born in Afghanistan and the untrue document is the passport, not the birth certificate. If not, please clarify further. Your consequence may be that the falsification costs you the visa you seek to immigrate to the USA, instead of just a lifetime of documents containing false information.

I take it also that the "Naturalization Certificate" you mention is the document indicating you, although born in Afghanistan, are now a Naturalized Citizen of Pakistan. NVC is not asking for your birth certificate, as proof of Pakistan citizenship. They simply want your birth certificate, period. Your citizenship, is indicated on the passport they also required a copy of. Certificates of birth certify not only where and when you were born, but also certifies the names and other information regarding your parents.

Now, if it is simply the practice of Pakistan to show on its passports, "Pakistan" as the place of birth for all its citizens, regardless of their birth country, then there should be no problem, once they see both the birth certificate AND the Naturalization Certificate. I wasn't aware Pakistan used the term you are transliterating as "Naturalization".

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

You didn't get it I DO NOT HAVE A PAKISTANI PASSPORT. I am not Pakistan but I was born there in Pakistan you can't say I am Pakistani because you have no rights there whatsoever it's not like America or UK to get a passport if u r born there you don't even get a birth certificate. Well that's not my fault I am grown up now. Anyways thanks a lot for your help:)

And by the way there are no mistakes on my passport like you said about Chinese girl i was born in Pakistan and it clearly says on my passport that i was born in Pakistan and no mistakes on my passport or any anything fake thanks

Timeline

You didn't get it I DO NOT HAVE A PAKISTANI PASSPORT. I am not Pakistan but I was born there in Pakistan you can't say I am Pakistani because you have no rights there whatsoever it's not like America or UK to get a passport if u r born there you don't even get a birth certificate. Well that's not my fault I am grown up now. Anyways thanks a lot for your help:)

And by the way there are no mistakes on my passport like you said about Chinese girl i was born in Pakistan and it clearly says on my passport that i was born in Pakistan and no mistakes on my passport or any anything fake thanks

So, why did you write, "I'm originally from Afghanistan."? We can only respond based on what you write. So, back to square one. If you were born in Pakistan, WHY does your birth certificate say Afghanistan? Which country issued this birth certificate? (In other words, which country made the "mistake"?) To which country did you "Naturalize"?

I've heard of and seen quite a lot, but I never heard of one country issuing a certificate of birth indicating the birth was in another country. This makes no earthly sense. Who would do this? Why?

Earlier you wrote, "I was born in Pakistan but they have put Afghanistan on it as I am originally from Afghanistan we had order the birth certificate from Pakistan for my British passport." Who is "they" in this sentence?

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

When a birth certificate is not available in Pakistan, you can get an affidavit instead. I signed and notorized statement by doctors, or elder citizen of pakistan with their ID, name and address attesting that your birth was witnessed in Pakistan. I think you need 3 witnesses. Look into it.

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

When a birth certificate is not available in Pakistan, you can get an affidavit instead. I signed and notorized statement by doctors, or elder citizen of pakistan with their ID, name and address attesting that your birth was witnessed in Pakistan. I think you need 3 witnesses. Look into it.

okay I will only reply to your comment I think you get what I am on about. Okay so the one we have might be okay but it's just weird I just checked now it's been like 8 years since we have it all of my siblings have the same thing written on it. I think they would put Afghanistan on it because my parents are from there. The NVC say if you don't have one you don't have to send it but I think the embassy might want it not sure

Timeline

Whatever you do, you'll want to provide much more direct and accurate answers to questions from any immigration official than the conflicting ones you've given in this discussion. If it seems to them like you're trying to baffle them with nonsense, they'll simply not believe you and deny the visa.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.