KatnAbbie

What's up Algeria1? K1 visa interviews anyone?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yes, it is a trusted site. I used them twice. They will answer your calls and emails and are very professional. Abdul who works there is great. There are pros and cons to each type of visa. Tourist visa: The hotel must be confirmed and in Algeria most hotels will only let you share the room if you are married. It would be better to get the invitation for familial visa because it shows relationship to prove your case. It takes more effort because the person who is offering you to stay at their residence must get the letter stamped by their Los

Timeline

Yes, it is a trusted site. I used them twice. They will answer your calls and emails and are very professional. Abdul who works there is great. There are pros and cons to each type of visa. Tourist visa: The hotel must be confirmed and in Algeria most hotels will only let you share the room if you are married. It would be better to get the invitation for familial visa because it shows relationship to prove your case. It takes more effort because the person who is offering you to stay at their residence must get the letter stamped by their local city hall with proof of them living there (electricity bill). There is a chance they will check on you if you are USA citizen. The customs officers came to look for me to make sure I was ok at the house of my fiances mom. This was a small town airport where I entered.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Yes, it is a trusted site. I used them twice. They will answer your calls and emails and are very professional. Abdul who works there is great. There are pros and cons to each type of visa. Tourist visa: The hotel must be confirmed and in Algeria most hotels will only let you share the room if you are married. It would be better to get the invitation for familial visa because it shows relationship to prove your case. It takes more effort because the person who is offering you to stay at their residence must get the letter stamped by their local city hall with proof of them living there (electricity bill). There is a chance they will check on you if you are USA citizen. The customs officers came to look for me to make sure I was ok at the house of my fiances mom. This was a small town airport where I entered.

My husband lives in a hotel and he's not a resident. If I get my husband to book for me, it would be fine, right?

Timeline

I do not know. Probably algerian residents use the invitation visa. You and him appear to be tourists only to Algeria. I cannot advise you . You both are tourists....

Timeline

We had our interview today and was approved finally !!!!!!!!!! But my fiance' said many people were denied visa's today for K1 visa in embassy today... uff not a good day for all. I hope all on here made it thru...

Timeline

Congratulations Franconia!!! We got approved too. My crazy fiancé was one of the first people to go up to the officer and we got approved too! I hope it will work out for all of us inshallah. I know it's a struggle, but it s a fight worth fighting for. :)

Timeline

Hope

It is a waste of time and effort in calling the embassy .. I have called and they will tell you there is no phone line to the visa department.. It also says on the website there is no number . Is it for a general question or a case status update ?

And congratulations as well phew . This whole process have me such anxiety and stress.

And congratulations as well phew . This whole process have me such anxiety and stress.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hope

It is a waste of time and effort in calling the embassy .. I have called and they will tell you there is no phone line to the visa department.. It also says on the website there is no number . Is it for a general question or a case status update ?

more about case status. my husband's case was completed since august of last year and we've been waiting for more than a 1 for an interview. now his case has been transferred to Algeria due to the war in Yemen, but the embassy is not doing anything. I have been emailing them for the past 2 months and have not received a single email back. I have called but i am transferred but no one answers me.

Timeline

Yes there really isn't anyone there who will give you any answers. How long has it been in the embassy in algeria .. Ours was their almost 3 months before they sent info stating they have file and we could schedule Interview.

Timeline

Yes there really isn't anyone there who will give you any answers. How long has it been in the embassy in algeria .. Ours was their almost 3 months before they sent info stating they have file and we could schedule Interview.

It has been at the embassy since September, by end of November it will be 3 months, technically, but they didn't "physically" touch the file until October 27, saying that's when it arrived there.

Timeline

Is this a safe website to use? My husband is currently in Algeria and I want to get with him to his interview. Would I request a tourist visa for that? Also, my husband isn't Algerian he's Yemeni and his case was transferred to Algeria.

Hey there, my answer is a bit late I guess, just apply for a family guest visa, nd ask your fiance to send you an invitation letter and his residency in Algeria. You don't need any websites...it's an easy process, using an intermediate might make ita longer process. The first time you apply it takes around a month to get it, they have to check your backround you nd your fiance I guess. The second time takes around 1-2weeks. Good luck :)

Timeline

We had our interview today and was approved finally !!!!!!!!!! But my fiance' said many people were denied visa's today for K1 visa in embassy today... uff not a good day for all. I hope all on here made it thru...

We've been there, some ppl are not prepared at all, like no evidence of support or anything... guess not everyone is aware of forums like visajourney.

But still think it's really a nice embassy, consular agents are really nice, they do their best to give anyone their chance and are very patient. The key is to not be stressed, smile laugh, make jokes..don't be stiff and ofc be honest :P

May Allah be with everyone inchalah:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.