KatnAbbie

What's up Algeria1? K1 visa interviews anyone?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Insha'allah you get it that day but... My fiance lives 7 hours from the capital. And that's what we were hoping for as well but When he went, they didn't have appointments available that day. The earliest date was 2 weeks away. Which was a week after his interview date.

i'm gonna nag and complain it's thier fault not ours we call them on the phone but they never answer i live 6 hours awar from the capila also i'm not gonna be going back and forth everyday it's too much, hopefully they will be understanding cuz our appointment in the next week we don't have time

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

i'm gonna nag and complain it's thier fault not ours we call them on the phone but they never answer i live 6 hours awar from the capila also i'm not gonna be going back and forth everyday it's too much, hopefully they will be understanding cuz our appointment in the next week we don't have time

Insha'allah they will be understanding for you. We wish you the best of luck. My fiance had to travel to the capital 3 times in 3 weeks. It was difficult for him so we completely understand! Just don't worry if they can't do it before the interview. My fiance completed the medical 1 week after the interview and alhamdulillah for us everything worked out well. Stay positive

They really need to do something about their system! It's not fair at all how they treat people. Our lives are in their hands and they just don't care.

Edited by Mourad's girl

Timeline

Medical interview: if for some reason you cannot do before interview, you can do after.. it will just delay the visa actually being issued. And will be processed as soon as they receive documentation from your medical.. so that would be worst case scenario.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi everyone ,

Thanks for all those informations , I have read all of your posts , and to be honest i'm wondering now about a K1 visa , so you guys are obliged to schedule for your own interview , or is it to the US Embassy to take it for you ? because I know that it's not the same for a IR-1/CR-1 Visa,indeed the NVC send your application to the embassy and schedule an appointment for you ,

I'm really confusing , can someone explain to me please , if there is a difference between those two visa category, or it's just the same please!

I thank you all in advance, and looking forward to have some clear responds

Timeline

For k1 visa in algeria yes you must schedule your own interview online . And we have to check site everyday for available dates.

I am unsure of the cr1 visa process. Did you receive notice from nvc?? If they schedule it would have been stated in that notice .

Although the site does seem to allow for all visa types to schedule online

Timeline

Guys go online right now. I don't know who's awake, but just do it now! There are dates.

Congrats on getting the interview finally!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Timeline

has anyone that is u.s. citizen applied for a visa to algeria? what's the process and how long did it take you to get a visa to algeria?

thanks

I used this site: www.abc1visa.com. It can take a month ++. You need to pay fees of $160 + $ 31 service fee and postal delivery to return your passport once the visa is attached to it. You may need a letter of invitation from your Algerian fiance or get a tourist visa. You must print out your planned itinerary and place where you will stay (hotel or home of person who invited you) I asked for 3 months of entering Algeria but was approved for 2.

Timeline

has anyone that is u.s. citizen applied for a visa to algeria? what's the process and how long did it take you to get a visa to algeria?

thanks

I applied in 2014 directly to the Algerian embassy in New York. I had an invitation letter from my fiance and my flight itinerary. It took them 2 months to get my passport back to me with the approved visa in it. They are not good at responding to emails. Good luck

Timeline

I applied thru the Algerian consulate in New York City . First time I applied it took awhile to get my passport back.. When I was finally able to speak to the person who approves the visa he stated they do them according to the earliest flights .. So if you sent in your application with your flight itinerary 2-3 months from now expect not to get back until maybe 2 weeks before you go. I have gone to Algeria several times now and send in paperwork only a month ahead.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I used this site: www.abc1visa.com. It can take a month ++. You need to pay fees of $160 + $ 31 service fee and postal delivery to return your passport once the visa is attached to it. You may need a letter of invitation from your Algerian fiance or get a tourist visa. You must print out your planned itinerary and place where you will stay (hotel or home of person who invited you) I asked for 3 months of entering Algeria but was approved for 2.

Is this a safe website to use? My husband is currently in Algeria and I want to get with him to his interview. Would I request a tourist visa for that? Also, my husband isn't Algerian he's Yemeni and his case was transferred to Algeria.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.