CalmAll

SSN

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, i just applied my ssn last month showing my Ead card, and was told it could take up to 6 weeks for the process, it has been 2 weeks now and i have seen in someone post that i can check my ssn through save check and it says it has been returned to SSA office since sept 24 but i still havent received any card until now.

I wonder who among you guys have experienced this? How long does it take from case returned to ssa for the card to be produced and mailed to me? I am worried as i have ead now and just need it for job hunting

Thank you

Edited by CalmAll

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

For them to produce the card it usually takes two weeks. Mine came in within a week or two at the latest as it states on the letter they gave you the day you applied for it.

I was not given any letter when i applied for it. Does it matted

You could try going back to the SSA office and ask about your application and if they could give you a print out with your SSN on it. My wife's SSC was returned by our letter carrier because her name was not on the mail box--the SSA will not tell you that the card was returned. So we went in and checked on her application and they gave a printout of her SSN and we had the card mailed to the local SSA office to be sure it arrived and not returned by the letter carrier.

Dave

I called our local ssa yesterday and was told theres nothing yet and have to wait for 4 weeks but in the savecheck system it says it has been reviewed and the case was returned to social security as requested by them last sept 24,

I applied sept 18 and was not given and letter

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to SSN Forum~

~Inquiry about SSN~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I called our local ssa yesterday and was told theres nothing yet and have to wait for 4 weeks but in the savecheck system it says it has been reviewed and the case was returned to social security as requested by them last sept 24,

I applied sept 18 and was not given and letter

Do not call. Go into the local SSA office and ask about your case. If they have issued a SSN, you can receive a printout right then and there.

Dave

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.