jrussianews

Got an RFE two weeks ago, been busy did nothing

10 posts in this topic

Huh?

My wife and I are working on her I485. I got an RFE asking for more info on the I864. I thought I had included everything required the first time, but blah blah blah. I was going to add a few more documents for their paper push but... I just got an email saying that my response to the RFE was received and my case processing has resumed.

Anybody had this happen? Do you think calling USCIS would be useful? I'm VERY tempted to do nothing now and pretend the RFE never happened.

This site is great by the way, and the people who post here are doing a very valuable service.

Filed: Other Timeline

Good Lord. I have never heard of such a thing.

You have 90 days to respond to an RFE, right? And you said it's been about two weeks since the date of the RFE?

I'd be tempted to ride it out another 30 days before I called or did anything. Watch and see if your EAD or AP (if you filed for these also) begins to move. If they do, then you know the RFE was satisfied.

Unless of course you need those interims right away. In which case I would probably Infopass, rather than phoning the unhelpful line.

You have 90 days to respond to an RFE, right? And you said it's been about two weeks since the date of the RFE?

I'd be tempted to ride it out another 30 days before I called or did anything. Watch and see if your EAD or AP (if you filed for these also) begins to move. If they do, then you know the RFE was satisfied.

Unless of course you need those interims right away. In which case I would probably Infopass, rather than phoning the unhelpful line.

Yeah, my RFE was sent on Valentine's Day (how thoughtful of them, right?) I just got this latest email saying they got the response.

So are you saying the EAD and AP also get frozen when you get an RFE for the 1-485? I suppose I should be getting a written confirmation of this "response" too.

Edited by jrussianews

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yikes .. I would return the RFE with everything they asked for regardless of what the email says ! And make an info pass appointment to find out whats going on .. but my bet is the email is a mistake :thumbs:

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

As stated, an INFO PASS would not hurt.. At most you would be scheduled within 2 weeks. Gud Luck.

Edited by Sky_Cruiser

11/13/2006 - Filing Date.

11/20/2006 - NOA date for I-485.

02/01/2007 - I-485 Biometrics Appt Date.

03/15/2007 - Interview Date.

04/04/2007 - (Info Pass) Pending - name check.

05/xx/2007 - Phone Call to NSC - name check returned.

06/04/2007 - (CRIS) Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

06/04/2007 - (USCIS) Welcome to USA letter received 10 Year PRC K-1 & k-2.

06/05/2007 - (USCIS) Card production ordered.

06/11/2007 - (USCIS) 10 Year PRC received K-1 & k-2.

03/11/2010 - File for Citizenship

04/02/2012 - N-400 mailed via carrier

09/21/2012 - Oath Los Angeles - United State Citizen

AOS approved (start to finish) 7 months.

AOS approved 2 months and 20 days after AOS Interview (was in FBI name check).

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeah, my RFE was sent on Valentine's Day (how thoughtful of them, right?) I just got this latest email saying they got the response.

So are you saying the EAD and AP also get frozen when you get an RFE for the 1-485? I suppose I should be getting a written confirmation of this "response" too.

Yes they are. I don't think you get any messages on them though.

We just had the same thing happen to us today - an email saying the response was received, even though we didn't send anything in yet for the RFE we just got a few days ago. I was looking, though - the email came from Chicago (where we sent the I-485 and I-765), and said that the papers would be sent on to Missouri. The RFE says to send the information to Missouri. I wonder if things just sort of got 'crossed'. My husband just went for biometrics yesterday, and we think maybe THAT is the 'response' they meant in the email.

In other words, it's two separate issues. The email just is letting us know they got the biometrics information in Chicago, but we still have to send the tax and employment information for the RFE to Missouri. Did anyone else get an email like this right after the biometrics appointment?

Mirlana

Date I-129F Sent : 2006-09-28

Date I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-27

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 2006-12-12

Date K1 Visa Received :2006-12-18

Date of US Entry : 2006-12-23

Date of Wedding : 2007-01-21

Comments : For Casa, packet 3 and 4 come together, with an interview date already scheduled.

AOS Filing date : 2007-02-02

NOA date for I-485 : 2007-02-07

I-485 RFE Dates : 2007-02-16

I-485 Biometrics Appt Date: 2007-02-28

AOS Comments: Strange - we received RFE, then a few days later got email that the response had been received and the case was resumed even though we haven't sent anything yet.

I-485 Sent to CSC 2007-03-12

RFE for Medical Examination mailed 05-31-2007

medical examination sent 06-27-2007

Case resumed on 07-13-2007

email "card production ordered" 07-18-2007

email “notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident” 07-19-2007

email “approval notice sent” and welcome letter received 07-23-2007

Green card received 07-26-2007

EAD Filed Date: 2007-02-02

EAD NOA Date : 2007-02-07

EAD Biometrics Appointment Date : 2007-02-28

EAD received 04-16-07

Personally if it were me, I would send back everything they wanted with the RFE because technically they can consider your case abandoned if you don't reply to an RFE.

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

We just had the same thing happen to us today - an email saying the response was received, even though we didn't send anything in yet for the RFE we just got a few days ago. I was looking, though - the email came from Chicago (where we sent the I-485 and I-765), and said that the papers would be sent on to Missouri. The RFE says to send the information to Missouri. I wonder if things just sort of got 'crossed'. My husband just went for biometrics yesterday, and we think maybe THAT is the 'response' they meant in the email.

In other words, it's two separate issues. The email just is letting us know they got the biometrics information in Chicago, but we still have to send the tax and employment information for the RFE to Missouri. Did anyone else get an email like this right after the biometrics appointment?

Mirlana

I don't think you are supposed to get an email confirming reciept of the biometrics, or am I wrong? I probably will get an INFOPASS, but this is weird.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We never recieved any notice for biometrics completed.

t

Mirlana

I don't think you are supposed to get an email confirming reciept of the biometrics, or am I wrong? I probably will get an INFOPASS, but this is weird.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.