13 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

how long will it take to be interview for f2a visa?

i received already letter from nvc & pay the Fee

i try to check on visa status but only saying at Nvc

my PD is April2014 from Philippines

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

how long will it take to be interview for f2a visa?

i received already letter from nvc & pay the Fee

i try to check on visa status but only saying at Nvc

my PD is April2014 from Philippines

About 5 month from now, that depends from Visa Bulletin.

USCIS Stage:

Dec 02 2013: Priority Date

Feb 28 2014: NOA 2 Received.

Aug 14 2014 : No Visa available letter

==============================================================================================

NVC Stage:

Feb 25 2015: DS 261 Completed

Feb 26 2015: AOS Fee Paid

April 10 2015: IV fee Paid and IV Packet sent

April 11 2015: DS-260 Completed

April 13 2015: Resend I-864 to NVC with Check list and Bar Coded Cover Sheet

April 14 2015: New Scan date Asigned

May 8 2015: E-mail with 2nd Check list, CC but I need new AOS form for interview day, because item missing.

May 14 2015: Case complete by e-mail.

============================================================================================

June 29 2015: I.L. received by email Scheduled for August 18

July 9 2015: Case Status Checked as "READY"

August 18 2015: Visa Approved

August 20 2015: VISA ISSUED (in CEAC status)

October 15 2015: Visa In Hand

October 23 2015: Travel to New york and Admitted.

Timeline

As long as ur case complete before the releasing of interview letter then u might have ur interview....just like me my pd is 23dec2013 but im not yet case complete.i still dont have my interview letter.im still waiting and hoping that i will have it soon...when will nvc start releasing the interview letter? It seems that they did not start it yet.i believe last month they start july27? Isnt it? Any idea?

12/23/13 : PRIORITY DATE

02/28/15 : DS-261

03/04/15 : AOS bill paid

06/30/15 : AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

07/02/15 : AOS and IV package received by NVC

07/02/15 : Scan Date

07/30/15 : Paid IV fee

07/31/15 : submitted DS-260

08/10/15 : checklist thru phone call (told by CSR but never receive checklist email) they request me to send my civil docs

08/24/15 : re-sent civil docs

08/26/15 : 2nd scan date (received email 08/29/15)

09/10/15 : called nvc..CSR told me i have no problem with my documents and just call back next week

09/15/15 : called morning not cc..called again at 6:15 pm already CASE COMPLETE

09/22/15 : received case complete e-mail

09/30/15 : called in the morning, my 1st and 2nd call no IL...called again at 12:30pm i got IL for NOV 10

Timeline

Yup that is correct, you have to be case completed for u to receive an IL when PD becomes current. if you're in the process of paying all the fees and submitting all docs, you could be case complete if all your requirements are all ready to go within 1 month. I got my welcome letter on june 24 and i got CC on july 28..

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) F2A Filler (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

05/03/2014 - sent I-130 to lockbox
05/08/2014 - received NOA1 via email
08/27/2014 - received NOA2 via email

NVC STAGE:

09/28/2014 - received case number from NVC
06/24/2015 - received NVC Welcome Letter
06/24/2015 - done with ds261 over the phone
06/24/2015 - sent AOS Fee payment thru mail
06/29/2015 - Confirmed thru phone AOS payment posted
06/30/2015 - Sent IV Fee thru mail
07/07/2015 - IV Fee Payment already posted in CEAC
07/07/2015 - done with DS260
07/10/2015 - sent AOS and Civil docs
07/13/2015 - received in NVC NW
07/28/2015 - Verified Case Complete by phone
09/30/2015 - Interview Schedule verified over the phone

xxxxxxxxxx - Visa status " READY"
11/09/2015 - Interview at USEM

xxxxxxxxxx - received VISA

xxxxxxxxxx - POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Hello everyone I don't know exactly where Ishould post this question but my husband has been given an interview on sept 21 2015 I wanted to know if he has to bring with him the original signed part of the affidavit of support or would a copy suffice.

Hello everyone I don't know exactly where Ishould post this question but my husband has been given an interview on sept 21 2015 I wanted to know if he has to bring with him the original signed part of the affidavit of support or would a copy suffice.

You were supposed to send the original to NVC so I assume the photocopy is all you have. The photocopy is all you need for the interview.

Timeline

OK okay because I received a checklist of documents to bring to the interview for my husband and it says financial documents -y the y stand for this document has been sent to consulate or embassy so all the other ones said eighter not needed or send original. I just want to be prepared sigh.... Also since I had a joint sponser should he just take that or also my affadit form with my tax returns even though my income was not enough. Sorry for all the q but we are so closee don't wanna screw it up now lolol.

OK okay because I received a checklist of documents to bring to the interview for my husband and it says financial documents -y the y stand for this document has been sent to consulate or embassy so all the other ones said eighter not needed or send original. I just want to be prepared sigh.... Also since I had a joint sponser should he just take that or also my affadit form with my tax returns even though my income was not enough. Sorry for all the q but we are so closee don't wanna screw it up now lolol.

It is not necessary since you already sent it in but if you want to be on the safe side you can bring everything the day of the interview. Definitely both since even though you didn't make enough money, you are still the main sponsor.

Timeline

OK thanks aloft.also when I filled out the I 864 the expiration sate was march 2015 now I look online the new one is I think 07/ /2017 for the expiration should I just filled out the new one and send it to my husband or just send him a copy of the old one with old expiration date that's the one I had sent to nvc. Also on the I 864 do I have to send it with the ORIGINAL HAND signed signature or would a copy suffice that way I can just email it otherwise I have to sign it me and co sponsor and I have to dhl it to him .thanks alottt.

OK thanks aloft.also when I filled out the I 864 the expiration sate was march 2015 now I look online the new one is I think 07/ /2017 for the expiration should I just filled out the new one and send it to my husband or just send him a copy of the old one with old expiration date that's the one I had sent to nvc. Also on the I 864 do I have to send it with the ORIGINAL HAND signed signature or would a copy suffice that way I can just email it otherwise I have to sign it me and co sponsor and I have to dhl it to him .thanks alottt.

You already sent it to the NVC so the expiration date does not concern your case. Again, you already sent the original signed one to the NVC so all you can have is a copy, that is fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.