alexjtowell

Case Complete! Any Idea When The Interview in Montreal Will Be?

55 posts in this topic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!... So happy!!! I finally got through on the phone. October 15th at 8:30

I am over the moon happy.... only a month more to wait.

OMG! I got through my interview is scheduled for oct 14! Thanks so much for your help @alexjtowell

Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!!!!! We're almost completely done with this process! :joy:

Timeline

To think...this could be finally over and moved there before the end of October. I can't wait to get on with my new life with my awesome husband who has been so so patiently waiting for me to get there. Who knew when we started how awful this waiting would be. Now that there is a final date, we can wait one more month....time will fly by.

Thanks to everyone on the board for all the support. Too bad none of us have the same day so that we can meet up and share stories.

Timeline

og my gosh, I know what a long process we have a 2 year old together so it was especially hard. Im a little nervous about going to montreal for the interview but Im just so happy this will be over with I plan on vlogging my experience and posting it to youtube to help people who are going through it.

Timeline

To think...this could be finally over and moved there before the end of October. I can't wait to get on with my new life with my awesome husband who has been so so patiently waiting for me to get there. Who knew when we started how awful this waiting would be. Now that there is a final date, we can wait one more month....time will fly by.

Thanks to everyone on the board for all the support. Too bad none of us have the same day so that we can meet up and share stories.

I agree!!! I was hoping to meet some of y'all too, but at least we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

og my gosh, I know what a long process we have a 2 year old together so it was especially hard. Im a little nervous about going to montreal for the interview but Im just so happy this will be over with I plan on vlogging my experience and posting it to youtube to help people who are going through it.

I've heard that the interview is the easiest part! Just give simple yes or no answers, and be kind, but not OVERLY friendly. The actual interview is only supposed to take 5-10 minutes.

Be sure to give us all a link to your video!!

Timeline

I'm looking at options to travel and stay in Montreal for the interview. Any suggestions?

I could do the 8 hour drive from Barrie, Ontario but I've never driven into Montreal before. I'm contemplating the train....it means a convenient, stress-less way to travel but a two night stay since there's no guarantee that I won't be finished the interview in time to make the return train back. Any hotel suggestions?

I am not stressing the interview so much now. I'm more looking at it as a formality since our paperwork was all accepted with no questions. As long as I'm prepared with the documents that they want and be very clear and polite in my answers, I expect it to go very smoothly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm looking at options to travel and stay in Montreal for the interview. Any suggestions?

I could do the 8 hour drive from Barrie, Ontario but I've never driven into Montreal before. I'm contemplating the train....it means a convenient, stress-less way to travel but a two night stay since there's no guarantee that I won't be finished the interview in time to make the return train back. Any hotel suggestions?

I am not stressing the interview so much now. I'm more looking at it as a formality since our paperwork was all accepted with no questions. As long as I'm prepared with the documents that they want and be very clear and polite in my answers, I expect it to go very smoothly.

Go with Courtyard. Otherwise there would be lot of walk.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I kind of wish we'd taken the train instead of driving, it wasn't difficult to get in and out of Montreal but we arrived during rush hour the day before our interview. The parking garage under our hotel barely had enough headroom for my then fiancé's vehicle...but it worked out.

I agree with the suggestion of the Courtyard a block or 2 away, also there is the Hyatt about 1 more block further down.

You will be entirely surprised at the unassuming entrance to the consulate, it seems like a side street.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

I booked a room at hotel travelodge montreal centre it was cheap and Im only there for one night I get in late on the 13tha and my interview is early on the 14th so I just went for affordable Im actually trying to make this whole trip as cheap as possible since I still have to make a big move to vegas in a few weeks! :)

Timeline

Super excited for you all... but super envious - I completed my DS-260 long before you guys and still have heard nothing :(

Have you submitted your AOS and IV packages?

Timeline

My interview is scheduled for September 28th. I received an email from the consulate this morning requesting my husband's 2013 and 2014 tax returns. They confirmed they have all my original documents that were submitted July, 2014.

CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2013-08-01 (L)(L)

I-130 Sent : 2013-09-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-09-01

I-130 Approved : 2013-10-01

NVC Received : 2014-04-30

Received DS-261 /AOS Bill : 2014-06-05

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-06-15

Send AOS Package : 2014-06-30

Submit DS-261 : 2014-07-05

Receive IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Pay IV Bill : 2014-07-15

Send IV Package : 2014-07-20

4 RFE about the 1-864: 2014/08 to 2015/03

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-22

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2015-08-27

Medical: 2015-08-31 in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon M.

Interview Date : 2015-09-28 :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Interview Result : Approved :yes::yes::yes:

Passport received from Loomis: 2015-09-30

POE: 2015-10-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.