druebey

RFE through email, waiting on paper copy...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am trying to figure out what the RFE is for... I sent the letters of intent, payments, adoption paperwork(hers), all recipts of me being there, airline itenerary and boarding passes, conversations on skype and letters, my birth cert, photos of us together (dated and location), passport photos attached to the G-235A(one of each), copies of her passport and permant resident card for greece... Essentially everything on the VJ checklist plus more...

What else would they be asking for?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Could be for any number of reasons. I've been seeing a lot of RFE's for people that met online and they are being requested to prove the website is not an IMB. If you met your fiancé online, that could be what it's for.

Or, it could be as simple as something like you have forgot to check one of the answers on the petition

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for the hardcopy to arrive in the mail to find out what's it's for.

Could be for any number of reasons. I've been seeing a lot of RFE's for people that met online and they are being requested to prove the website is not an IMB. If you met your fiancé online, that could be what it's for.

Or, it could be as simple as something like you have forgot to check one of the answers on the petition

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait for the hardcopy to arrive in the mail to find out what's it's for.

Well we did meet on paltlk.com... Definally NOT a IMB. So I will be easily to be able to prove that with TOS, Picture Grab of all the Subsections( and also one of the section in religion/spirituality that we met in). I can even take a picture grab of the exact room we met in and what it was about(I own it)... So yeah, I can prove alot of things when it comes to were we met online lol. I mean really paltalk has over a million registered users and MOST I have talked to are in the USA, SOME even work with USCIS lol

Timeline

That could very well be it then. Most of the RFE's of this nature I've seen were out of the CSC which looks like where you are.

It's hilarious some of the sites they are asking to prove they aren't IMB's. eHarmony and Match.com are some of the more popular ones I've seen LOL.

The must have middle school interns working on these lol

Good luck to you and hope it's something as simple as that.

That could very well be it then. Most of the RFE's of this nature I've seen were out of the CSC which looks like where you are.

It's hilarious some of the sites they are asking to prove they aren't IMB's. eHarmony and Match.com are some of the more popular ones I've seen LOL.

The must have middle school interns working on these lol

Good luck to you and hope it's something as simple as that.

Yep CSC is where its at, so prob just prove paltalk isnt a IMB... Really, PAL TALK dont they get that its just a bunch of chatrooms for various topics??? Anyways I am hoping its that, but wondering how much I should provide to them about paltalk.com if it is that.... ERM, How deep should I dig for them to realize they were a bit over the top asking for it(not meaning I dont understand it, but a simple search proves it)...

Edited by druebey

Timeline

TOS should be enough. You could also email them and ask if they are an IMB and if they reply with "no" then print and send that as well.

Is it a free site? if so, then that's a slam dunk. IMB's only charge US citizens a fee.

Edited by ch3john

TOS should be enough. You could also email that and ask if they are an IMB and if they reply with "no" then print and send that as well.

Is it a free site? if so, then that's a slam dunk. IMB's only charge US citizens a fee.

Well it has free memberships, but there are paid for better "perks", It is honestly a site you can host your own room, have it be about just about anything, wishing someone would do one for a K-1 from this site on the family section... BUT anyways I digressed, lol. I mean literally anything, everything from childbirth, to taxes, to Religion, to politics, to gaming, to whatever is covered(all but K-1 visas right now)... :D Someone please take the hint and take it to a mod lol :D I just honestly think I can get a "redhat" or admin of the website to confirm its not a IMB. I mean I can do that in chat itself... FROM the HelpChat and ask them to answer in text while I ask in text also. Just explain to them why I am doing it... Pretty sure since they are americans they will understand, Well most of the redhats are that is...

TOS should be enough. You could also email them and ask if they are an IMB and if they reply with "no" then print and send that as well.

Thank you, will update monday when I will prob get the hardcopy...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.