Jump to content
Reaper's Song

Adjustment of Status with no green card

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The situation, in brief: My husband and I moved house shortly after he got here from the UK, but despite filing our change of address within the appropriate window of time the card got sent to the old address anyway and was lost somewhere in the process. We only found out about six months after the fact and immediately filed an I-90 replacement form a few months ago but it still hasn't arrived. Moreover, we're going to need to send in the Adjustment of Status forms soon. Everything else for the AoS--the money, the proof of cohabitation, all that--is unimpeachable, but we don't have a green card, just a notice that the DoHS recieved his I-90 and it's being processed. Is there any way we can present that, along with a notice that the original was never recieved or whatever, in lieu of an actual green card, or are we screwed? Thanks in advance for any advice, I'm really freaking out here.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

**** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to ROC forum *****

Op, your post is confusing because you posted in the CR-1 spousal visa forum, but spousal visas don't need AOS. Further, if you already filed for AOS and got a greencard- sent to the wrong adress- you wouldn't file a second time, so I *think* what you are asking about is ROC (Removal of Conditions), which is the process two years after the initial green card is received, to change the greencard from a 2 year to a ten year one. Please do clarify if I am wrong though!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is what I meant. I apologize for the confusion. (Is there a way to edit posts on here? I can't find one just now.) Anyway, as far as the two year thing goes, the I-751 guide says that it needs to be filed within 90 days of the expiration date listed on the CR-1 visa, which in my husband's case is September 30, 2015. We have an appointment to go to our local immigration services office on Wednesday to hash all this out with a real human, but if anyone else has any advice or information before then that'd be amazing.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.