stephelliott

What is Packet 4???

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hey guys.., we received our email from the consulate with instructions and list of documents to complete.. i am guessing this is the "packet 3", is that correct? we also got assigned our interview date :joy: oct 27 ( too far! :cry:) so what is packet 4?? when will we get it and is it hardcopy or email? what will it say?

also...can you submit things as you go or do you need to submit everything all together? can anyone explain to me how theyre going about it..

THANKS!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Packet 3 is your instructions - eg, medical, police clearance docs etc. Packet 4 is your appointment package. It sounds like you got both at the same time which is weird since I thought you had to sign an interview readiness form in with the rest of your packet 3 docs before you could be assigned an interview date. For me, I got an interview date set for 2 weeks after sending in my packet 3 docs (and yes, send them all in together, less chance of confusion or lost documents). Good luck.

Timeline

Packet 3 is your instructions - eg, medical, police clearance docs etc. Packet 4 is your appointment package. It sounds like you got both at the same time which is weird since I thought you had to sign an interview readiness form in with the rest of your packet 3 docs before you could be assigned an interview date. For me, I got an interview date set for 2 weeks after sending in my packet 3 docs (and yes, send them all in together, less chance of confusion or lost documents). Good luck.

hi thanks for your reply!! below is a copy of the email my fiance received from the email: no-reply@ustraveldocs.com. The subject was: "Instruction Package for K1 Visa Applicants"

Dear xxx xxx,

Congratulations on reaching the last step in the Immigrant Visa process, your interview at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney!

Your appointment has been scheduled for Tuesday, 27 OCT 2015 at 07:45 am

Please print this confirmation email to present to the guards on the day of your interview to gain access to our office.

A list of required documents for all Immigrant Visa applicants, including K applicants and Diversity Visa applicants, is available at: http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Supplemental/SYD%20-%20Sydney.pdf

Please note that Australian police certificates are valid for twelve months from the date of issue. Most medical exams are valid for six months from the date of the exam. Immigrant visas (with the exception of K visas) are limited to the expiration date of the Australian police certificate or the medical exam, whichever comes first. Take this into consideration when obtaining your Australian police certificate and scheduling your medical exam.

If, after reviewing the list of required documents, you still have questions, please email: support-australia@ustraveldocs.com

NOTE: Immigrant visa processing times vary. Unexpected delays requiring additional time and processing may only become apparent at the time of your interview. NEVER MAKE ANY IRREVOCABLE ARRANGEMENTS, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or leaving your job, until after your immigrant visa is actually approved and issued to you.

Sincerely,

Visa Unit (bc)

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html

Attached in that email was a downloadable K1 DSL -1076 Checklist and a copy of our Approved I-129F Petition.

Does this all sound correct? So basically I am confused because I was expecting a readiness form, and a follow up regarding packet 4.. so I was waiting & waiting..but not sure if I should be waiting or not, or if I should contact them? Seems like theres nothing else to do until Oct 27th...thoughts??

THANKS!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Have you already completed and sent through the medical, police certificate etc? Or is your fiance still putting all that together? Sounds like it doesn't matter either way, as long as you get those docs in before the interview date in Oct (if you haven't already). It's the home stretch from there.

Timeline

I got exactly the same letter , I have all my paperwork together and I figure you take it with you to the interview, if you had to send it beforehand then it would say so. Make sure you get your police check and go have your medical before the interview. Make sure you fill out your ds160 it takes at least an hour to do.

In NSW they send the police check to you now. The medical is sent to the embassy from the medical centre. There is currently only one doctor that does the medicals in Sydney , so get onto that early, they will make an appointment about 2 weeks before your interview.

Edited by Qutyrach

Timeline

I got exactly the same letter , I have all my paperwork together and I figure you take it with you to the interview, if you had to send it beforehand then it would say so. Make sure you get your police check and go have your medical before the interview. Make sure you fill out your ds160 it takes at least an hour to do.

In NSW they send the police check to you now. The medical is sent to the embassy from the medical centre. There is currently only one doctor that does the medicals in Sydney , so get onto that early, they will make an appointment about 2 weeks before your interview.

Yes this is the same email I received. It doesn't mention anywhere that you need to send it in. I just gathered you brought it all with you to the embassy for the interview

Timeline

hi thanks for your feedback! sorry not sure if i understand.. so, my fiance cannot get a medical done in melbourne? do people typically get the medical done in sydney??

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

Have you already completed and sent through the medical, police certificate etc? Or is your fiance still putting all that together? Sounds like it doesn't matter either way, as long as you get those docs in before the interview date in Oct (if you haven't already). It's the home stretch from there.

hi thanks again for the reply. no he hasnt done that yet since we were waiting to get an interview date first so we knew when to schedule a medical. he has a complete disclosure police check already but no we havent sent that to them. he will get a medical soon i am sure. so in your experience you sent all the paper work to them prior to the interview? would you assume from the email we got that we do not need to mail anything to them..? like how the others here have posted just to bring it to the interview...?

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You can get a medical done at any of the centers. Melbourne is one of the options. As far as I read through the poral for the Sydney embassy, you do not have to send anything in. The last post I read on this was about a year and a half old, but they were talking about changing packet 4 completely. Everything I have seen says to bring it all with you. The police check as someone mentioned already, gets sent to you and the medical centers schedule about 2 weeks prior to your interview. I know this as my fiance and I called the centers to get scheduled and they told us to call back when he got his interview date. Worst case scenario, get ahold of the embassy to double check on sending anything in. I am almost positive Australia does not require paperwork to be sent in prior. We are hoping to get the same interview date as you, our package is currently sitting at the embassy waiting to be processed. Congrats on getting to the last step! Remember to breath and make sure you have all of your other evidence together. :)

This journey isn't easy...we went over many hurdles along the way... We are together now, 4 years going strong... It's never impossible, it is a matter of having the strength and love to conquer all things along the way! 

(K-1 Process)(I 601 Waiver Process)(AOS, EAD & AP)

June 13th 2015- Filed 1-129f

June 19th 2015- NOA1 Received!

July 21st 2015- NOA2 Received!

August 10th 2015- NVC Received!

August 17th 2015- Case # Received over phone!

August 21st 2015- Embassy in Sydney Received!

August 27th 2015- Packet 3 Received!

August 29th 2015- Police Fingerprinting Done!

September 1st 2015- Packet 4 Received!

September 15th 2015- Interview in Sydney!

September 18th 2015- Medical in Brisbane!

September 23rd 2015- Letter from Medical Received!

October 17th 2015- CEAC changed to refused 

October 17th - November 10th 2015- emails and phone calls placed to embassy to inquire on our case

November 12th 2015- Email from embassy confirming refusal with news that we qualify for a waiver!

November 18th 2015- Received package from embassy on our denial and waiver information

March 7th 2016- I-601 Waiver overnighted to lockbox

March 8th 2016- I-601 Waiver delivered to lockbox and received (According to Website)

March 12th 2016- I-601 Waiver received (Text and email message verifying)

November 2016- Sent inquiry on I-601 (Was told it was still in line, contact in 60 days if no decision made)

January 31st 2017- Called NCSC to talk to tier 2 officer. Was informed it was with an officer and a decision should be made in 15 days

February 9th 2017- USCIS updated our case to approved! (February 8th was the date listed) 

February 12th 2017- Received updated instructions

February 13th 2017- Received official approval letter in the mail/ Booked medical in Brisbane. 

February 20th 2017- Medical in Brisbane

February 27th 2017- Picked up Medical Packet

February 28th 2017- Second interview and immediate approval! 

March 6th, 2017- K-1 Visa Issued

March 16th 2017- He arrives home : POE LAX 

May 27th 2017- We are finally married! 

June 13th 2017- AOS, EAD and AP go out in the mail

June 19th 2017- NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP 

Timeline

You can get the medical done at any of the approved centres: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/panel_physicians.html

I saw Dr Stephanie Dickinson at Medibank in Melbourne (William St) and she was great - easy going, understanding of a medical condition I have and assured me it was of no consequence to my visa.

Timeline

hey all thanks for the replies! so we have that big checklist for all the financial/background/medical/police information..but does anyone know what exactly we need for proof of relationship? we supplied a lot in our original I-129F petition (travel itinteraries together, photos together over 2.5 years, phone logs, joint bank accnt statements, proof of joint address..) It is my understanding that the embassy has all that with them at the time of the interview, is that correct??

also, can anyone make some more suggestions as to what you are bringing as proof.. thanks!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

My understanding is they request additional proof to confirm you have continued contact with your fiancé since you first lodged your petition.

I'm bringing 2 documents that show Larissa and I living at the same address in Sydney (from before she went back to California last month), 2 flight itineraries with both our names on it, 3 emails, 3 photos (including one of us with my family at Christmas). All intineraries, emails and photos have been since we initially filed in December.

I know some people compile WAY more than this - but of all the Sydney embassy reviews, not one person has reported being really scrutinized over this, and some people don't even have it looked at! Unless they really doubt your relationship I don't think they are going to want to spend half an hour looking through photos and emails. My advice would be pick a few items that clearly show your relationship contact in the last 6 months and take them. You said you've got a joint bank account - I would take in a letter from the bank manager stating who is on the account and when you opened it (we don't have a joint account but I just think it looks good on your application!). Honestly I think the relationship proof thing is really only a problem for people that are falsifying a relationship.

Timeline

My understanding is they request additional proof to confirm you have continued contact with your fiancé since you first lodged your petition.

I'm bringing 2 documents that show Larissa and I living at the same address in Sydney (from before she went back to California last month), 2 flight itineraries with both our names on it, 3 emails, 3 photos (including one of us with my family at Christmas). All intineraries, emails and photos have been since we initially filed in December.

I know some people compile WAY more than this - but of all the Sydney embassy reviews, not one person has reported being really scrutinized over this, and some people don't even have it looked at! Unless they really doubt your relationship I don't think they are going to want to spend half an hour looking through photos and emails. My advice would be pick a few items that clearly show your relationship contact in the last 6 months and take them. You said you've got a joint bank account - I would take in a letter from the bank manager stating who is on the account and when you opened it (we don't have a joint account but I just think it looks good on your application!). Honestly I think the relationship proof thing is really only a problem for people that are falsifying a relationship.

thank you for your reply! please let me know how your experience goes on the 29th! good luck with everything!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

Hello guys, came across this forum and was happy to see people going for the interview on the same date as I am. I am yet to do my NPC and medicals but I am confused to what I have to do for the NPC. Do I need to have my finger prints done at a local police station and then send it to the locked bag in AFP, canberra? I live in WA by the way. Also did anyone do their profile on USTRAVELDOCS? Do I need to schedule my appointment there as well despite receiving the "congratulations on the final step" email? Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So I had my interview in Sydney last week and our visa was approved!

Re: proof of relationship - they didn't even look at any of my proof! They just asked me about where we met, got a basic timeline of our relationship, and where we were going to live in the US - that's it!

I am holding onto all the proof of relationship paperwork though, just in case the US officials want to look at it in the interview later on down the track

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.