AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

Well his case is in Algeria. He is not the first one who this ha happened to and it's sad that they make mistakes like this. Sometimes this happens when Egypt

accidental sends the physical file to Algeria. Egypt are the ones making most of the mistakes that I hear of

Will it be sent to djbouti or stay in algeria

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

Will it be sent to djbouti or stay in algeria

I have no idea and I wouldn't want to give you a wrong answer. But after the case being transferred twice its hard to see it being transferred back to Djibouti again. The best advice I have is for him or you to contact both the embassy in algiers and Djibouti Nd figure out when the case is for sure. If it stays in Algeria just have him come here. It's really nice and cheap out here and a lot of people are getting interviews.

Filed: Timeline

Salam Alaykum,

Alhamdillah that I came across this thread. I hope that we may all benefit from each others experiences and help one another in this time of distress. I am a Yemenia LPR and I just submitted my husband's papers CIVIL,ADOS, and fees to the NVC 3 weeks ago. I am awaiting there reply, but after reading some of your posts I am getting worried. I had originally thought of not transferring my case anywhere because it will go to Cairo, but I have been reading posts that visa requests forwarded to the Cairo Officials deny approval?

Now I called the Cairo Embassy in Amman, Jordan and they told me that the process of getting the visa to Cairo would take about 2-3 weeks to be sent and brought back if approved, it didn't seem like it was something very hard to do. Also what reason's would the Cairo embassy deny a visa if you have a US embassy appointment?

How many people here applied for a Cairo Visa and were denied? and for what reason?

Also after all the info gathered by everyone here what would be the Fastest, safest, and easiest place for the case to be transferred?

Gazakum Allah Khair algaza

Timeline

Salam Alaykum,

Alhamdillah that I came across this thread. I hope that we may all benefit from each others experiences and help one another in this time of distress. I am a Yemenia LPR and I just submitted my husband's papers CIVIL,ADOS, and fees to the NVC 3 weeks ago. I am awaiting there reply, but after reading some of your posts I am getting worried. I had originally thought of not transferring my case anywhere because it will go to Cairo, but I have been reading posts that visa requests forwarded to the Cairo Officials deny approval?

Now I called the Cairo Embassy in Amman, Jordan and they told me that the process of getting the visa to Cairo would take about 2-3 weeks to be sent and brought back if approved, it didn't seem like it was something very hard to do. Also what reason's would the Cairo embassy deny a visa if you have a US embassy appointment?

How many people here applied for a Cairo Visa and were denied? and for what reason?

Also after all the info gathered by everyone here what would be the Fastest, safest, and easiest place for the case to be transferred?

This is from personal experience and opinion. Egypt will just drag your case longer and at the end give you an appointment,which you will miss anyway and won't be able to get into Egypt. I have family that are stuck in Jordan since Ramadan and they still didn't get visa entry. As i known that this would have been the case for my husband I would have never requested an expedite and got it transferred to Egypt. I am not 100% sure, but I think that people that transfer their cases from NVC directly to an Embassy are faster. people have been transferring their cases to either Algeria or Djibouti or Malaysia.

Djibouti has been taking a while to process cases and from what I heard it's getting hard to get appointments. ppl are waiting 2-3 months until cases arrive and get appointments.

Algeria- People have been waiting to, but I hear more are getting interviews. The good thing is that you can request to transfer your case without your husband physically having to be there.

Malaysia- your husband have to physically be present in Malaysia in order to get his file transferred and I am not sure how long it takes.

If I were you, I would pray iskthair. It will really help you and direct you to what is right for you. But whatever you do, don't rush in to making a decision. Really think it through and see what you think is best for your specific case.

good luck!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

It seems like it takes a month for the physical file to arrive after the electronic

It took a week for the physical file to arrive after the electronic file arrived for me but not sure if everyones the same because i know a few people that there electronic file arrived a month ago but there physical file still has never sent.

Yeah I know but I realized mine transferred differently a lot of cases transferred the same day with out even transferring it automatically changed to Dji. I thought maybe there's a lot of cases so they sent it with a different shipment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Salam Alaykum,

From my own experince i wouldn't even bother transferring to Egypt. My husband and brother in law applied for a visa to Egypt they told them it was for the interview appointment and they showed them all necessary evidence. They told them to wait between 15-30 days. After 30 days passed they went back to the embassy they told them to wait another week. They went back only to hear that they were refused a visa. When they asked why they simply said that National Security denied them but they dont give you a reason to why national security did so. Inshaallah all goes well for your case.

Timeline

know when you send an email to Egypt you get an auto respond.

It's a very long email, but they have a section for Yemeni and this is what is stated..

"Transfer of Your Case to Cairo (Yemeni applicants)

Notice: The U.S. Department of State is currently scheduling immigrant visa (IV) appointments for Yemeni applicants at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo (for petition-based IVs). Currently, the Egyptian government requires Yemenis ages 18-60 to obtain Egyptian visas prior to arrival in their country. Please contact the nearest Egyptian Embassy for information on how and where to apply for an Egyptian visa.
The U.S. Embassy in Cairo wishes to inform U.S. citizens and their non-U.S. citizen family members wishing to process their Immigrant Visas in Cairo of requirements relating to immigrant visa case transfer requests. In order to improve service and appointment availability, Non-U.S. citizen family members are requested to send the following information to Consular staff: their case file number, a local contact number or email address, a photo of their Egyptian entry stamp, and a photo of their passport bio-data page. This information should be e-mailed to us. Failure to provide all requested information may result in delays relating to immigrant visa case transfer requests to the Embassy.
AFTER arrival in Cairo, applicants should contact us to request an appointment at CairoIV@state.gov<mailto:CairoIV@state.gov>. Please include your case number and note “appointment” in the subject line.
Note 1: The request for expedited services is contingent upon availability of resources and the arrival of the beneficiaries to Cairo.
Note 2: We would request that the beneficiary hand carry all supporting documents required for the interview. Once received, Embassy Cairo will respond to the beneficiary with instructions and an appointment schedule.
Note 3: Below is the standard instruction given to the applicants to prepare for the interview.

Please prepare the following documents for each person applying for a visa and send them by Aramex to our office:

1. Photocopy of applicant’s passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of applicants’ birth certificate (the original to be submitted on the

appointment date)

3. An Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) signed by the petitioner

4. Sponsor’s last year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only).

5. Medical exam from applicant

6. 2 photos of the applicant on a white background (frontal face view)

7. Log-in to your website at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg, and create your profile.

Upon receipt of the required documents, we will schedule an appointment for the final visa interview on the first available slot.

NOTE: Those who prefer to process at a post other than Cairo may request a transfer through the National Visa Center (NVC) by emailing their request to ivyemen@state.gov<mailto:ivyemen@state.gov>. Please include your case number and note “request for transfer to XXX” in the subject line.

Transfer of Your IV Case to another Post

If your case is assigned to U.S. Embassy Cairo and you want to have it adjudicated at another Post, please contact that Post to request the transfer and inform us that you are requesting a transfer.
Send a note to CairoIV@state.gov<mailto:CairoIV@state.gov>. Please include your case number and note “Request for transfer to XXX” in the subject line.
We will transfer the case upon receipt of an email from that other Post stating that they accept it. Once transferred, you will need to work with the other Post on scheduling an appointment."

Timeline

Underforever

Anything yet. My case keeps updating but no appointment.

Unfortunately no. Mine isn't even updating its the same since Aug 11? its really sad at how Yemenis have to go through this. I thought as soon as the transfer was made that we would receive an appointment within a week or two. Who would have thought that we would wait several more weeks to get the physical file to transfer. Why couldn't they just update the status only when they have both electronic and physical. Its pathetic wallah. Its so nerve racking!!!!

Timeline

Has anyone interviewed in Djibouti yet?? How did it go ?? And how much money should one carry when interviewing ?? Please anything is helpful right now

Timeline

Does anyone know if it's safe to mail documents to Algeria and they wil get there? Using fedex?

Yes it is safe and many of my friends have done so. I hear dhl is the fastest but the also have ups and FedEx here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.