BKN

Thailand K1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi, first post but I have been doing a lot of searching and reading on this site for months now.

I have a few questions and debated posting them in the K1 forum or here. I think they are more Thai specific so here goes.

I have been physically separated from my ex-wife for quite some time now but never got the ball rolling on an official separation for divorce until Kratai and I had been dating for quite a while. So Kratai and I have been dating for a little over a year I travel to Thailand for 2-4 weeks 7 or 8 times a year and that is how we met.

Kratai is aware that I am currently technically married but was separated long before we met. We are both eager for her to come to the US so we do not have to be apart any longer. We have started gathering all the information and documents we will need for the k1 application process and all we are waiting on now is my final letter of divorce, which I should have in October if all goes well. Fingers crossed.

1) I would hate to wait any longer than we already are but, should we wait a while after the official divorce date for fear that the application will be looked at as if I was just divorced and want to remarry again or can I explain as I have done here when applying for the visa?

2) Kratai has to spread out her time that she takes off from work so we want to gather everything we can now so when she needs to start traveling to BKK that is for as little as possible. Can she get the letter from her Amphur that she is unmarried now? Does she need to do this in person in her home town?

3) We do not have any phone records since this is 2015... but do have hundreds of screen shots from our Facetime calls. Facetime only stores a couple of weeks call history so these screen shots seem like the best option. Please see on page of many that we have for proof of our call history. Do you think these along with dates an explanation would be sufficient? Please see attached sample but don't laugh :) I have them printed 8x10.

4) I converted our iMessage history back to October 2014 and there are more than 3000 pages, how many pages should we supply? Also there is no content to these texts since the texts are usually to see if the other is awake or free to Facetime. We do all of the real talking on Facetime and texts are mostly "I miss you, I love you" etc... Will this hurt us?

I think this is a good start for questions. I want to thank everyone in advance for all of your help.

post-207736-0-42791700-1439249441_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, first post but I have been doing a lot of searching and reading on this site for months now.

I have a few questions and debated posting them in the K1 forum or here. I think they are more Thai specific so here goes.

I have been physically separated from my ex-wife for quite some time now but never got the ball rolling on an official separation for divorce until Kratai and I had been dating for quite a while. So Kratai and I have been dating for a little over a year I travel to Thailand for 2-4 weeks 7 or 8 times a year and that is how we met.

Kratai is aware that I am currently technically married but was separated long before we met. We are both eager for her to come to the US so we do not have to be apart any longer. We have started gathering all the information and documents we will need for the k1 application process and all we are waiting on now is my final letter of divorce, which I should have in October if all goes well. Fingers crossed.

1) I would hate to wait any longer than we already are but, should we wait a while after the official divorce date for fear that the application will be looked at as if I was just divorced and want to remarry again or can I explain as I have done here when applying for the visa?

2) Kratai has to spread out her time that she takes off from work so we want to gather everything we can now so when she needs to start traveling to BKK that is for as little as possible. Can she get the letter from her Amphur that she is unmarried now? Does she need to do this in person in her home town?

3) We do not have any phone records since this is 2015... but do have hundreds of screen shots from our Facetime calls. Facetime only stores a couple of weeks call history so these screen shots seem like the best option. Please see on page of many that we have for proof of our call history. Do you think these along with dates an explanation would be sufficient? Please see attached sample but don't laugh :) I have them printed 8x10.

4) I converted our iMessage history back to October 2014 and there are more than 3000 pages, how many pages should we supply? Also there is no content to these texts since the texts are usually to see if the other is awake or free to Facetime. We do all of the real talking on Facetime and texts are mostly "I miss you, I love you" etc... Will this hurt us?

I think this is a good start for questions. I want to thank everyone in advance for all of your help.

You must be free and legally able to be married when you send the packet.you also have to produce the divorce decree so wait or you will get denied.. Your fiancée will need it later so you might want to explain that now to her since she doesn't know you're still married.

As far as evidence one page a month is fine, but you need passport stamps boarding passes and the like to show you were there in person with her.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You must be free and legally able to be married when you send the packet.you also have to produce the divorce decree so wait bEva use you will get denied.. Your fiancée will need it later so you might want to explain that now to her since she doesn't know you're still married.

As far as evidence one page a month is fine, but you need passport stamps boarding passes and the like to show you were there in person with her.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that I need the final divorce papers and need to send them with my i129f, I stated this above. That was not the question.

My fiance also knows that I am waiting for the final divorce papers. I stated that above as well.

I understand about the other evidence needed, photos together, passport stamps, plane tickets, etc.... Thank you for trying to help. I have plenty of passport stamps and she has passport stamps and plane tickets from when she has traveled with me to Vietnam.

Timeline

I understand that I need the final divorce papers and need to send them with my i129f, I stated this above. That was not the question.

My fiance also knows that I am waiting for the final divorce papers. I stated that above as well.

I understand about the other evidence needed, photos together, passport stamps, plane tickets, etc.... Thank you for trying to help. I have plenty of passport stamps and she has passport stamps and plane tickets from when she has traveled with me to Vietnam.

You said the opposite of all that. You said she was unware. You don't have to wait awhile. Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Her you can find the answers to your other questions. Sorry for before, I have no idea how I misread that so many times.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/TH.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You can apply for the K1 as soon as your divorce is final. As long as the application is dated at least a day later it doesn't matter. It might not impress them but it is perfectly fine to do it that way. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.