timk

Can anyone top this nightmare? All opinions and experiences appreciated.

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my Filipino wife went through a similar situation, but, not anything near as severe as you have.

I sent her to the best Medical Imaging Clinic, in Cebu for a chest X-ray, the week before her medical. It was perfect!!!

I spent 2 years in the Philippines, and I know "for a fact" how corrupt the whole country is, and "my wife agrees" and St. Luke's is no exception! On certain weeks, the doctors there reject 30 to 50 % of applicants for "the Sputum Fiasco" it is called.

Do you not find it strange that her X-ray was fine and then it wasn't? She went the wrong week! So her X-ray was fine then it wasn't..,.,.,.,,.. only a few weeks apart. Strange? Not really with what I have told you.

It cost us almost 3 months to "show there no problem with the lungs" and it makes the doctors at St. Luke's look like the idiot, corrupt bunch they are.

I know this does not directly address your problem..,..,.but it relates, how corrupt the Philippines is. I have based it on the proof I have stated.

But I feel it helps you to know that other people has run into the some of these problems you have.

Please, keep fighting, you will make it, and it will all be worth it. It was for us, we are so happy together.

Good luck, and please keep fighting, and keep us informed, my heart goes out to you! God bless.

Me and my Filipino wife went through a similar situation, but, not anything near as severe as you have.

I sent her to the best Medical Imaging Clinic, in Cebu for a chest X-ray, the week before her medical. It was perfect!!!

I spent 2 years in the Philippines, and I know "for a fact" how corrupt the whole country is, and "my wife agrees" and St. Luke's is no exception! On certain weeks, the doctors there reject 30 to 50 % of applicants for "the Sputum Fiasco" it is called.

Do you not find it strange that her X-ray was fine and then it wasn't? She went the wrong week! So her X-ray was fine then it wasn't..,.,.,.,,.. only a few weeks apart. Strange? Not really with what I have told you.

It cost us almost 3 months to "show there no problem with the lungs" and it makes the doctors at St. Luke's look like the idiot, corrupt bunch they are.

I know this does not directly address your problem..,..,.but it relates, how corrupt the Philippines is. I have based it on the proof I have stated.

But I feel it helps you to know that other people has run into the some of these problems you have.

Please, keep fighting, you will make it, and it will all be worth it. It was for us, we are so happy together.

Good luck, and please keep fighting, and keep us informed, my heart goes out to you! God bless.

Hi Raven,

I can't tell you how many times I have thought about the whole TB fiasco being BS. My 5 year old daughter and my Asawa's cousin, have always been in very close contact with each other. All three of them are roommates. Did either of them get sick? No, of course not. I had them both tested with independent doctors. Did I get sick during the time frame that she supposedly contracted TB? Nope.....I was in Manila every 2-3 months at that time, and spent every moment with both of them. I went to St Luke's myself so many times, I can't count. I have spoken to the doctors there, the head nurses, etc. They all told me the same BS. Now granted it wasn't a few weeks apart between medical tests, but I mean come on.....

Yes anything is possible, but this one was just too odd. Clean medical, bad medical within 6 months or so. Really?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The more I read such stories and the headache the US embassy causes , the more I get worried about our case at the time of the interview .

I will pray for you and ask Our Lord to make things easy for you and for your fiance

The more I read such stories and the headache the US embassy causes , the more I get worried about our case at the time of the interview .

I will pray for you and ask Our Lord to make things easy for you and for your fiance

Thank you Kareelina, that is very kind of you.

Just make sure all your papers are in order. You'll be fine. :)

• 1 month later...

I have an update to this post that I made nearly one month ago.

We finally got through to the embassy and my and Hank's initial instinct was right. She was indeed supposed to go inside, and be sworn in.

After a few more emails to the USEM, somebody finally contacted us with detailed instructions. Unfortunately we had to get another medical (I think this is our 3rd).

She returned to the embassy in 3 days, swore in, submitted her updated (clean) medical, and was told to wait for her Visa in two weeks. It has just passed 2 weeks with no updates. I need some love and encouragement people. Any ideas what I should do next? We are still in AP, and 2go's online tracking is not showing anything. I believe this new medical is only good for 3 months as well, since there is a TB history. Needless to say, I am a bit nervous again. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.