Trason

Moving soon- do I have everything?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

The time is approaching for me to finally join my husband in the US! I am trying to make sure I have everything done and dusted so I won't have any issues when I cross at the POE. I am moving in approximately 4 weeks.

I have:

• my CR1 visa in my passport and the 'do not open' package
  • Confirmation letter from Toyota detailing that my car meets US safety standards etc
  • x-ray results from my medical exam

Is there any other paperwork I will need when I cross the point of entry?

I live fairly close to the border, so I will be moving my belongings in my car. My husband will also be bringing his car up to help move any items. I read that it is a good idea to create a list of all the items are bringing over. Is this true?

Also, in my visa it says that my IV expires Nov2015. What would be the next step? Would I start removing conditions? I think I read somewhere that I have to apply for I-751?

Thanks everyone. The people on this website have been AMAZINGLY helpful. I don't know what I would have done without you guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't need your xrays immediately handy, just pack those away. They don't ask for them and there is no one qualified to read xrays at the entry point :)

Most of us keep them but they are never used again.

You should most definitely have a list of what you're packing...like:

2 boxes clothes

3 boxes kitchen items

2 TV's

1 computer

etc....nothing insanely detailed and 99/100 they don't ask for it.

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

The time is approaching for me to finally join my husband in the US! I am trying to make sure I have everything done and dusted so I won't have any issues when I cross at the POE. I am moving in approximately 4 weeks.

I have:

• my CR1 visa in my passport and the 'do not open' package
  • Confirmation letter from Toyota detailing that my car meets US safety standards etc
  • x-ray results from my medical exam

Is there any other paperwork I will need when I cross the point of entry?

I live fairly close to the border, so I will be moving my belongings in my car. My husband will also be bringing his car up to help move any items. I read that it is a good idea to create a list of all the items are bringing over. Is this true?

reply: We were in the same position , most went by moving truck, but we both made several trips ( as nexus members) with the description that we are moving items that are more than two years old ( nothing new in boxes) and never were sent to secondary

Also, in my visa it says that my IV expires Nov2015. What would be the next step? Would I start removing conditions? I think I read somewhere that I have to apply for I-751?

reply: The stamp and the date in your passport is not your (permanent) permanent residency green card, it is a temporary until the real thing arrives which is good for two years . You start the the I-751 form filed within the 90 days just preceding the expiration date on your permanent residence card. After the I-751 at process you are under an ir-1 with 10 years between renewals.

Congrats!

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.