Mewbear

DS-2001 and Interview Paris

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everybody, I'm in the last stretch of the journey and was wondering how long after sending the DS-2001 did you received your email about the interview?

I also read that now the embassy choses the date for you. If the date isn't convenient, can you ask to change it?

Thanks!

EDIT : asking primarily for the embassy in Paris, France.

Edited by Mewbear

I did my waiting! 9 months of it.. IN TSC!

NOA2 or the story of the Holy Graal.

Timeline

Hey mewbear,

You moved pretty quickly through the Paris embassy. I'm wondering if you have any tricks to share? It seems like it takes some people a long time :( Ours just arrived at the embassy, I'm hoping for a timeline like yours!

Timeline

Hey mewbear,

You moved pretty quickly through the Paris embassy. I'm wondering if you have any tricks to share? It seems like it takes some people a long time :( Ours just arrived at the embassy, I'm hoping for a timeline like yours!

No tricks I'm afraid. My I-129F took almost 10 months to get approved, so I think they tried to speed the NVC stage. I did the DS-160 as soon as my file reached the NVC and had all the documents ready, therefore I was able to send the DS-2001 right away. It took them a week to assign my interview date, which is a month away from now.

I might have mis-read, but I believe the embassy schedule the interviews from one month to the other. Meaning, if you haven't gotten your interview date already, you'll be scheduled in October.

My DS-2001 was treated on Monday 3rd, therefore I got a September date.

Best of luck for the rest of your journey :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to US Embassy/Consulate Discussion Forum~

~Case at that phase of the process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Good to know - we did the same thing with the DS-160. So right now the consulate has received our file from NVC and we are just waiting. (That's right, right? Nothing to do to get packet 3?)

Also - about the interview date, I hadn't heard about the month planning. If we receive our interview date 2 weeks after you, wouldn't we receive an interview date two weeks after you? Very strange... :(

Timeline

Good to know - we did the same thing with the DS-160. So right now the consulate has received our file from NVC and we are just waiting. (That's right, right? Nothing to do to get packet 3?)

Also - about the interview date, I hadn't heard about the month planning. If we receive our interview date 2 weeks after you, wouldn't we receive an interview date two weeks after you? Very strange... :(

I received packet 3 and the interview date through email. You can't pick your interview date anymore. They pick it for you, and then you have to schedule it for the exact same date and hour they chose for you.

What do you mean by received your interview date? If you meant packet 3, then no. The embassy schedule month to month. Let's say the embassy received your DS-2001 on July 31st, they'll schedule you for August. If they received it on August 1st, they'll schedule you for September.

It doesn't matter when you receive packet 3. What matters is when they receive your DS-2001.

Hope I made it clearer :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi Guys !

We're sending in our DS 2001 and they ask for case number - do they mean our WAC (USCIS) number or PRS (NVC) number?

PRS :) good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

PRS :) good luck!

Hi ! Thanks for your reply, Mewbear.

Any idea the time between sending your DS 2001 and getting the notice of your interview date?

We sent the form on Sept. 11th and I understand this means we should get an interview date in October ... but when should we get this notice? And is this by mail or email?

Thank you again for your help - we are trying to plan ahead, if possible.

❤️ Whitney + Adrien ❤️

Timeline

Hi ! Thanks for your reply, Mewbear.

Any idea the time between sending your DS 2001 and getting the notice of your interview date?

We sent the form on Sept. 11th and I understand this means we should get an interview date in October ... but when should we get this notice? And is this by mail or email?

Thank you again for your help - we are trying to plan ahead, if possible.

Hey! Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm in the U.S. now and I've been busy.

For me it was a week. I sent my DS-2001 on a Wednesday and received the email the following Tuesday.

Normally, you should get an October appointment :) it all depend on how many people they have already booked though.

Best of luck! Getting out of the embassy without your passport is the best feeling ever :)

Timeline

Hey! Sorry it took so long to reply. I'm in the U.S. now and I've been busy.

For me it was a week. I sent my DS-2001 on a Wednesday and received the email the following Tuesday.

Normally, you should get an October appointment :) it all depend on how many people they have already booked though.

Best of luck! Getting out of the embassy without your passport is the best feeling ever :)

So ! As of today we've got our actual appointment ...

It took about 10 days between sending our paper and getting an appointment (via email). Unfortunately they gave us an appointment of NOVEMBER 25th ! They said they were booked until this date. :( We sent our paper on September 11th. It scared us and broke our hearts as we had already begun planning a Nov. 28th wedding. Thank goodness the embassy is quite responsive to email so after two email exchanges and very courteous begging on our part ... :) ... they changed our appointment to OCTOBER 1st ! Due to some cancellations.

His medical is Tomorrow, visa interview on Thursday ! Hopefully showing up here in the USA Nov. 1st !!!

Thanks everyone for your help !

❤️ Whitney + Adrien ❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey!

I am desperate... :(((( I just called and they told me they scheduled an interview on nov. 25th.

I want to reschedule it but I do not know how to contact them.

Do you have their email or phone number (that does not charge 15$ per call)?

It is not normal and not fair to wait two months for a 15" interview...

I really hoped to be with my husband for our anniversary but I guess it will be possible next year...

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Timeline

Hey!

I am desperate... :(((( I just called and they told me they scheduled an interview on nov. 25th.

I really hoped to be with my husband for our anniversary but I guess it will be possible next year...

We were able to email and ask for an earlier appointment. They responded in about a week and changed our original November 25th appointment to October 1st! They said there were possible cancellations all the time so they might be able to fit you in as well, can't hurt to ask!

Hey!

You'll email here - parisconiv@state.gov

❤️ Whitney + Adrien ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.