LemmeIn

Case Was Sent To The Department of State - June 17th, haven't been an update since

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

So.. it looks like my CR-1 was sent to the NVC June 17th. There hasn't been an update or anything since then.. I'm getting a bit worried.

I plan on emailing them, but can someone let me know what I need to include as information? I assume my wife and mines name, the reciept number, birthdates..

Anything else? Also, this is unusual that I haven't been assigned a number yet right as it's been over 6 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So.. it looks like my CR-1 was sent to the NVC June 17th. There hasn't been an update or anything since then.. I'm getting a bit worried.

I plan on emailing them, but can someone let me know what I need to include as information? I assume my wife and mines name, the reciept number, birthdates..

Anything else? Also, this is unusual that I haven't been assigned a number yet right as it's been over 6 weeks.

I take it you have called the NVC and asked about your case number?

I assume you were able to confirm that USCIS did indeed send your I-130 application to the NVC?

Looks like they have been providing case numbers 12 days after receipt of the application.

Here is what NVC sent me in an e-mail.

If U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) approved your petition more than eight weeks ago, send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action -- Approval Notice. You can email the scan to nvcresearch@state.gov.

Please type your receipt number in the subject line of your email. If you have more than one petition, please send a separate email for each petition. We will contact USCIS on your behalf to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action. If it says USCIS retained your petition, or if it is any type of notice other than an approval, you should contact USCIS. You can reach them at 1-800-375-5283 or on their website at uscis.gov for more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.