Jump to content

Name Chang and I-751

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife has all of her docs - green card - ssn, etc in her maiden name and we want to start using her married name

I was told that I wait until she does her removing conditions for us to do that part - should we enter all of her info for th e751 in her new name or wait until we remove her conditions and then do it all?

anyone else been in this situation?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wait until after ROC is complete, you'll later have to pay hundreds of dollars for a new green card if you want one with her new name on it. I don't have personal experience with this, but I think the way to go would be to fill out the application form with her new name and include an explanation of the maiden name/married name in your cover letter.

My husband changed his name while his AOS was being processed. It did not seem to raise USCIS's suspicions or cause us any problems.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.