shoument

i-751 - Do I have enough evidence to file?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I think I am ready to file. Just wanted to confirm if I have enough evidence.

Few things to note:

1. During 1st year of our marriage, we lived in her mom's home. A month after our marriage, she sold the home but we stayed there as renter. I have a notarized statement from the landlord saying we were residing there.

2. All the utilities were still under her mom's name. So, I have nothing to show as common bill the first year. Should I get a statement from her mom stating that?

3. We don't really have a joint bank account. Meaning its basically inactive. So, not sure if there is any use of us showing it.

I would truly appreciate any feedback. And GOOD LUCK to everyone!! :)

Following is my application/documents:

Dear USCIS examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my husband. My husband and I are living happily together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband Husband.

I am enclosing the following:

· Check of $590.00 for form I-751 ($505.00) and biometrics (85.00), payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security.

· Completed form I-751, signed by both [beneficiary] and [uSC Spouse]. We are filing this petition together

· Copy of Beneficiary’s Permanent Resident Card (I-551). Front and Back

Enclosed also please find the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:

· 2 sworn affidavits by my brother and friend who are both U.S. citizens, attesting to our relationship and marriage.

· Copies of the joint tax returns for 2013 and 2014

· Copies of our car insurance.

· Copy of life insurance policy for Husband with Wife as beneficiary

· Copy of life insurance policy for Wife with Husband as beneficiary

· Copy of 401K plan for Husband with Wife as beneficiary

· Copy of 401K plan for Wife with Husband as beneficiary

· Copy of our health insurance card showing a joint policy.

· Lease from our apartments in Dublin, CA and Milpitas, CA

· Notarized statement from landlord of our townhome in Mount Prospect, IL

· Copies of our driver’s license showing common address

· Copy of our utility bill from PG&E

· A copy of the itinerary and our airline reservations for a vacation that we have taken in November 2014.

· A copy of airline ticket showing our travel together to my in-laws place in Toronto in May 2015.

· Pictures

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date, if required. You are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank You for your feedback. Much appreciated.

A follow-up question: Do I actually have to include statements for my health insurance? I was just gonna include copies of the card. Is that not enough?

Thanks again.

You need statement of coverage, copies of card are not sufficient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.