ivanfrench

I-485 Denver Interview Pending for 6+ months

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

My wife and I presented all paperwork on Nov 17, 2014. On Jan 2, 2015 biometrics. Online Status since Jan 15, 2015 is that Interview is ready to be scheduled. Still today have not received anything (Jul 27, 2015).

This means that the paperwork was approved, but somehow they are delayed on the interview process, although I read in this site's forums that the process is quite fast.

Since May 17, 2015, the Processing Times web page of USCIS it says that they are still on Aug 25, 2014 cases. How can the processing times status update be so outdated?

I have plans to leave the country for 1 month in December to go visit my family, and I based my decision to buy the tickets on what the lawyer said: 4 to 6 months tops...

I am a little frustrated that one pays a lot of money to get the process done and they don't use those resources to speed up processing times in the offices that need it the most. A friend of mine from Iowa got his I-485 for Adjustment of Status done in 3 months total, since the time he presented the paperwork, till he got the card. I should have done it in Iowa when I was there studying.

I guess my question is if anyone knows more about the status of processing time than May 31, 2015 or can share their experience with an I-485 in Denver? I requested an update to USCIS on Jul 17, 2015, and they said we will receive something in the next 30 days. Hope that is the case and I get the interview scheduled shortly.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I believe there is no telling an exact processing time, not even an estimate. Every case is different. No one admits it but sometimes things get lost or misplaced, or even forgotten and then they make up this B.S story about there is an increased volume in applicants. (I guess sometimes that IS true.) My husbands case took almost 3 years since we filed our i-130 in 2012. We also filed for an i-601waiver which took almost a year to complete and then recieved a letter that they wanted more evidence! Anyway, he just had his interview at the U.S consulate in Juarez, Mx on Monday and was approved. Now there's more waiting to do for his passport to arrive. That's all it is sometimes... Money... and waiting... Good luck!

• Our Journey

• Met My Husband: 04/2012 :wub:

Moved in together: 07/2012 (F)

Got Married: 09/2012 (L)

I-130 filed: 11/2012

I-130 Approved: 01/2013

I-601a Filed: 04/2013

I-601a Approved: 11/2014

NVC NOA1: 04/2015

NVC NOA2: 05/2015

NVC NOA3: 06/2015

Consular Interview: 7/27/15

Visa Approved? YES!! :dancing: :cry:

Visa in Hand: 07/30/15

Port of Entry: 07/30/15

Passport Stamped? Yes

Biometrics? No

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.