happiness268

Receiving Package 3 from Bridgetown Embassy

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Barbados
Timeline

@JDWright, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU so much for this information!!! :goofy:

you've just solved the mystery of what happens at the embassy and how they do it all--i was wondering why the whole BGN K-1 process is such a well kept secret, lol

okay, i feel much better knowing what to expect--i really don't like being kept from pertinent info that i need.

and, as for the embassaic (i like making up words, lol) "attitude", gotcha! thanks for the heads-up--i'll make sure that the proverbial chill pills are taken all around that day. :thumbs:

No prob feel free to inbox me or reply here with any questions I'll be using this site to help others with the process as well as myself since I have to AOS and all that now

02 Aug 2012 -- Met online

23 Feb 2013 -- Relations began (L)

19 May 2014 -- Visited! :luv:

26 Jun 2014 -- Engaged :dancing:

15 Oct 2014 -- I-129F package finished and mailed to Dallas

17 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 (email) TSC

22 Oct 2014 -- ARN updated

13 May 2015 -- NOA2 (email) :dancing:

19 May 2015 -- NOA2 Hardcopy

4 June 2015 -- NVC received (I think lol) Case number assigned.

11th June 2015 -- NVC sent to Bridgetown

16th June 2015 -- Bridgetown received

17th June 2015 - PCKT3 received
30th June 2015 - PCKT4 received

9th July 2015 - Medical (too many needles :/ )

21st July 2015 - Interview date :goofy:

10th August 2015 - Approved

12th August 2015 - Issued

13th August 2015 - Visa in hand via DHL

24th August 2015 - US arrival (POE MIA)

I am the beneficiary

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

As general comment, cardinal rule of this process never make any travel arrangements until the visa is in your hand.

Funny story is my fiance got a letter from the NVC a few days ago informing him about what is happening with the case. My visa was issued on tuesday.

Hope what I've said helps though.

@JDWright, Oh I'm cool with changing the POE SW Air tickets--we went in fully knowing that there would be a strong chance it wouldn't be the same date we bought--they were purchased because there was a Fall/Winter flight sale going on, and SW has no fees for changing, unlike the others. One just has to pay the difference of fare--if any--and that seemed to be the cheapest option to get a 'placeholder' flight. We have NOT purchased any tickets from DOM to BGI or BWI to BGI--no, I know full well how Liat/American/Delta/Jet Blue roll, LOL!

And, that's CRAZY, but sadly, typical for the lateness of the NVC letter, lol...but I know how slow things can go when travelling through bureaucracy.

[it's not including the rest of your edited post ,so let me see if can replicate and reply to your answers in red]

(1) how can we pay the $265, RIGHT NOW, like TODAY? where do we go and how do we do that--CORRECTLY so they accept that and don't make us pay again? or do we have to wait until the interview day?

As stated above, fees are only payable the day of the interview. Cash or VISA/Mastercard

• oh okay, now that you stated that the info is in packet 4 in the other post, i feel SO much better--i'd read in packet 3 that it had to be only bank draft or money order and was wondering if we had to find a place to get that there in Barbados

(2) how can we get Packet 4 so we can get started on that immediately?

I've attached a general packet 4 that you will get from them in the above post, BUT it is very generalised much of it is not applicable to K1 visas but to CR1 and such so ask if you're lost about anything.

• i see what you mean about generalized info, but it's still a great help--THANK YOU! i've sent it to my fiance and told him that it's just general not personal and that we have to wait for the snail mail version, but at least we can get stuff done/study what to do (i did the i-134 already, but i might just do an i-864 to be safe, lol)

(3) where do we make an appointment so they won't reject it and tell us we did it wrong--via the AIS site, or do we have to wait, like they said in the letter for them to get the signed packet 3 document and then issue us an appointment date/letter?

BGN gives you the appointment date.

• cool, that saves me the worry from getting all this random info from the only people who answer the 703 & 246 call center numbers--hopefully BridgetownIV will take into consideration the dates i've been requesting and not mess us up because of my daily, always courteous :star: (lol) emails to them :content:

(4) will they take a $265 Certified Check from a credit union in the U.S? if not, what is a bank draft and how do you get one? OR, if no to both of those, what is this ScotiaBank payment thingie and how do you pay through them?

I'm not sure, they state in packet 4 cash or credit card.

• again, this is *such* a relief to hear. i really didn't want to carry a piece of paper like that internationally and have to worry about it getting lost or stolen, or having to find a bank to do it and pay out-of-town/network fees.

AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH @JDWright for your help and offering us help in this forum--I need to follow your posts to see how AOS is done, and done RIGHT! :energy:

Edited by trublubu2

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

7Jan15: received notification via email and text of receipt at TSC
9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
4Aug15 - checked CEAC site; finally "In Transit" (!!!)
7Aug15 - CEAC site says "Ready at Embassy (BGN)"
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

12Aug15 - 3rd email contact with BGN
13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
14Aug15 BGN received DHL visa interview request letter at 3pm...radio silence
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)
22sep15 - interview AND APPROVAL at BGN!
5OCT15 - VISA IN PASSPORT & IN HAND VIA DHL!!!! :dance:

October 23, 2015 - POE: San Juan, PR & BWI, Maryland!!
:wub::wub: December 11, 2015 - MARRIED! :wub::wub:

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey
18jan16 - 430pm - i-485 packet overnighted to Chicago via UPS

16feb16 - biometrics appointment

Thank you so much for the information. i would have blindly made a ton of mistakes.

Unfortunately the tourist visa procedures are not applicable, I thought that myself but was wrong.

The clinic is walk in only, you need an appointment letter from the embassy, that comes in packet 4, NOT the DS160 receipt.

Fees for this visa are only payable on the day of the interview, if this is different for persons living outside of barbados I'm not sure. But when I asked that is what I was told. I tried to update the BGN page, but I couldn't a lot of that information is out of date.

I've attached the general packet 4 information that you will get via email if requested and by mail when you receive your packet 4. It is very very generalised and a lot of it is NOT k1 specific, so read it carefully and feel free to ask me if anything needs clarification. The medical information is listed in this packet with more detail.

ROC Timeline 

ROC Package Sent: May 3rd, 2018

ROC Package Received: May 4th, 2018 (VSC)

NOA1 Date: May 30th, 2018

Biometrics Notice Date: 06/15/2018 

Biometrics Notice Received: 06/23/2018

Biometrics Appointment Date: 07/05/2018 

NOA (18 mth extension): 08/06/2018 (received on 08/14/2018)

RFE Email for Additional Info: 5/23/19

Sent RFE for Additional Info: 8/5/19

RFE for Additional Info Received: 8/23/19

Transfer to another USCIS Office Notice via email: 9/17/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Date: 9/15/19

Transfer for another USCIS Office Notice Received: 9/24/19

Infopass appointment(received a I-551 stamp for a year extension) - 11/15/19

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/21/2016

AOS package received: 01/25/2016 (day 4)

AOS Notice Date: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/27/2016 (day 6)

AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1 text/email: 01/28/2016 (day 7)

AOS/EAD NOA-1 hardcopy: 02/05/2016 (day 15)

Biometrics Notice Date: 02/06/2016 (day 16)

Biometrics Letter Received 02/15/16 (day 25)

Biometrics Apt Date: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Text for AOS Application Received: 02/24/2016 (day 34)

RFE Hardcopy Received: 02/29/2016 (day 39)

Mailed RFE Documentation: 03/02/2016 (day 41)

Received Confirmation of Receipt of RFE Documentation via USCIS Website: 03/08/2016 (Day 47)

Approval for EAD/AP and Card Ordered: 04/01/2016 (Day 71)

EAD/AP Card Sent: 04/06/2016 (Day 76)

EAD/AP Card Received: 04/08/16 (Day 78)

Approval Notice Date for AOS: 05/05/2016 (Day 105)

Received Hardcopy Notice for AOS: 05/11/2016 (Day 111)

AOS Text/Email - Mailed AOS Documentation (Green Card): 06/09/16 (Day 140)

Received AOS Documentation (Green Card: 06/11/16 (Day 142)

Timeline

Np guys, glad to help, I didn't have much help from a regional perspective when I was going through this process I had to rely on extra regional advice and hoped it was applicable to the embassy here, since different embassies do things differently.

@Trublubu2 for K1 your fiance needs to fill out the i134 only. Provided his income is above the 125% poverty limit for his family size including yourself then you're covered. Be sure to have his W2 and 1040 for this year, some persons advice taking for the last 3 years, I did that but they didn't ask for them so I guess they aren't interested in so many only this years.

I am the beneficiary

Timeline

Np guys, glad to help, I didn't have much help from a regional perspective when I was going through this process I had to rely on extra regional advice and hoped it was applicable to the embassy here, since different embassies do things differently.

@Trublubu2 for K1 your fiance needs to fill out the i134 only. Provided his income is above the 125% poverty limit for his family size including yourself then you're covered. Be sure to have his W2 and 1040 for this year, some persons advice taking for the last 3 years, I did that but they didn't ask for them so I guess they aren't interested in so many only this years.

@JDWright, thanks for the monetary information--we will be sure to utilize it.

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney
December 31, 2014/6pm: paid & checked in I-129F at FedEx/Kinko's; they said it should reach TSC by 2Jan15
June 26, 2015/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days

9Jan15: date of receipt on official NOA1 I-797 form that was mailed back from TSC
26Jun15/9pm: received text/email that I-129F was approved--took 5 months/2 weeks/3 days
3Jul15: received official NOA2 approval letter that said it was sent to NVC on 2Jul15

10Jul15: NVC received, created case number, and put into their system (at least that's what i was told on 17Jul15)
called NVC on July 17, 24 and will call Aug 7--STILL IN Administrative Processing
7Aug15 - 1st phone contact with BGN, was told everything is by email now, no phone calls are conducted :sleepy:
10Aug15 - 1st email contact with BGN--several auto responses, the American Consulate Service email address is the only one to reply after i sent screenshot of CEAC "Ready" page, saying they haven't received anything from NVC but that they sent Packet 3

11Aug15 - 2nd email contact with BGN--BridgetownACS replies the next day, ADMITTING that they sent Packet 3 via r-e-g-u-l-a-r INTERNATIONAL snail mail--not DHL--and attaches .pdf of Packet 3 :ranting:

13Aug15 - BGN won't respond to 12Aug15 email; resent email asking for help with my 3 questions on how to proceed since they don't/won't answer questions via phone; signed Visa Interview Request letter DHLed to BGN
4am 17aug15 - emailed embassy with .pdf proof of 14aug15 BGN receipt of signed interview request letter and made request for an interview date and time
9am 17aug15 - embassy emailed back with .pdf of packet 4 AND letter granting interview date and time! :wow:
official papers STILL on their way via INTERNATIONAL SNAIL MAIL though... :rolleyes:
4sep15 BGN confirms, via email, that the .pdf versions of Packet 3 & 4 they sent will be viable for use at the BGN interview and medicals
7-11sep15 - paper packet 4 arrived in DOM via international snail mail from BGN **AFTER** TS Erika came through (paper packet 3 is probably lost in the ether somewhere, lol)

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Timeline

I thought of other questions:

For the money to pay for the BGN medicals, I've read where that is supposed to be paid in USD cash or cashiers check only--is that still true or will they take cards at the clinic?

Also at the interview, will they allow both fiancees into the embassy interview? or is it only for the beneficiary? if the petitioner can't attend the interview, can they sit out in the lobby and wait at least?

thanks in advance to whomever replies whenever you get a chance.

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Timeline

I thought of other questions:

For the money to pay for the BGN medicals, I've read where that is supposed to be paid in USD cash or cashiers check only--is that still true or will they take cards at the clinic?

Also at the interview, will they allow both fiancees into the embassy interview? or is it only for the beneficiary? if the petitioner can't attend the interview, can they sit out in the lobby and wait at least?

thanks in advance to whomever replies whenever you get a chance.

Your fiance can attend, and yes it's cash or cheque. They do not take cards.

I am the beneficiary

Timeline

Good morning JDWright and thanks for the answer--you are a wealth of information.

I'd thought of another question, but have since forgotten it, lol. I'll return and post when I remember...

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your marriage!!!

I just wanted to clarify that you can pay in BDS cash for the medicial.

Your fiance can attend, and yes it's cash or cheque. They do not take cards.

ROC Timeline 

AOS Time Line

Received Confirmation of Receipt of RFE Documentation via USCIS Website: 03/08/2016 (Day 47)

Timeline

Congrats on your marriage!!!

I just wanted to clarify that you can pay in BDS cash for the medicial.

BDS cash or US cash either are accepted, no debit or credit cards.

I am the beneficiary

Timeline

Good afternoon everyone! The interview yesterday went GREAT, AND WE GOT APPROVED!!!?

We're here in silver sands chilling together and enjoying life.

I just want to thank you both for helping us make this happen, and congrats on your marriage, JDWright.

TvhNm5.png

ZYKgm5.png

the K-1 visajourney

2HbJm5.png
AOS journey

Thanks for this. I was a bit confused by the documentation.

BDS cash or US cash either are accepted, no debit or credit cards.

ROC Timeline 

AOS Time Line

That's great! Congrats!!!

I finally got my interview date and I am going to the doctor's appointment.

I am dreading finding out how many vaccinations I may need.

Did you all have to get any vaccinations?

Good afternoon everyone! The interview yesterday went GREAT, AND WE GOT APPROVED!!!?

We're here in silver sands chilling together and enjoying life.

I just want to thank you both for helping us make this happen, and congrats on your marriage, JDWright.

ROC Timeline 

AOS Time Line

Timeline

My vaccination records were lost so I needed to get the age appropriate ones. Thanks guys

I am the beneficiary

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
On 8/13/2015 at 1:00 PM, trublubu2 said:

Good afternoon JDWright and thank you for this update. I just received Packet 3 from them via email and have uploaded it for anyone else -- I want to ask if you'd please consider uploading Packet 4 here on the forum as well?

Does BGN send stuff via DHL? They said they sent it via international snail mail. I thought it was all supposed to be overnighted from the embassy...

Also, do you know whether they give us an appointment date or whether we go on this website to register and pay and schedule an interview? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-bb/niv

The packet 3 stuff says that when we sign/date/send back pages 1-3 of the letter that then they'll send us an interview date but it says nothing about recieving packet 4 o4 paying the $265.

Please advise me because they are not answering our emails and there's a lot riding on getting this information.

Thanks in advance,

Lesa

K Visa Packet 3 - UPDATED OCT 2013.doc

@Greenbaum FYI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.