Kiwan

3 questions . Nvc case

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife(patitinoer) who is U.S. citizen did not change her last name on passport yet.does she need to change last name before she sent passport copy to nvc as our case is in nvc . Or she can send as it was before marriage.she changed her name everywhere expect passport .we paid aos fee and waiting to pay iv fee right now.

Today we receive iv fee bill invoice by email but it's still not available to pay .how many days it will took online to spear to pay. after paying the iv processing fee .does she have to fill ds260 or I have to fill .where she have to send the aos & iv packages to me or nvc.

Currently she is on social security and get 1300 per month ,that is bellow the poverty guidline.she have a bit mental health problem to see this she gets more rights then normal person.like cheap bus pass like in getting apartment throw summit point office etc etc.i check on web that a patitioner can use bank saving to reach the poverty guidelines.if I send her money and she put her in account and reach the poverty lines,does this help ???coz we r just behind 4312$ to reach the poverty lines.or what else she do or is there any way she can use her rights as a special person treated by state.

I will b thank you,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

she does not need to change her last name at all

she can if she chooses or put hers and yours hyphenated or go back to her maiden last name

she will be able to log in soon and pay the fee/it usually takes a few days to begin and still immigration and embassies are experiencing systems down

she can use assests (home ownership, savings account, investments) instead of tax forms as she doesn't even need to file income taxes for social security as this low level of income but in reality would be quite a bit of savings so she probably needs a co-sponsor. Not enough information here to really say but $1300 is a low income

2 forms will be filled out online after the site says the 2 fees are paid / it then allows you to click on the paid page and fill out the form online /goes directly to NVC

Timeline

she does not need to change her last name at all

she can if she chooses or put hers and yours hyphenated or go back to her maiden last name

she will be able to log in soon and pay the fee/it usually takes a few days to begin and still immigration and embassies are experiencing systems down

she can use assests (home ownership, savings account, investments) instead of tax forms as she doesn't even need to file income taxes for social security as this low level of income but in reality would be quite a bit of savings so she probably needs a co-sponsor. Not enough information here to really say but $1300 is a low income

2 forms will be filled out online after the site says the 2 fees are paid / it then allows you to click on the paid page and fill out the form online /goes directly to NVC

We submit ds 261 online and after paying iv fee we will fill out ds260 online .do we need to sent ds260 online to nvc or print out then sent,we received welcome latter a time ago with aos fee which we paid and also recive document cover sheet with welcome letter.i attatched the image.where we sent aos and iv package,does she need to send to nvc or she need to send to me this documents package.so I can send to embassy.

At the moment we don't hav co sponsor . Now she make 15600$ from social security per year as poverty guidline is 19,912$ behind left 4312$ .does we need a co sponsor who made 4312$ Per year to reach our poverty line.???

What if we can't arrange co sponsor and we send our documents like this what will b happen. Or we can submit i864 later at interview time?

About the AoS only-

You have several options here. She can supplement her income with assets, but it's not as simple as just having $5000 in a savings account. When using the assets, the assets need to be 3x as much as the income required for poverty guidelines. So, I'm guessing instead of $5000 she will need to show around $15000 in savings/ and or assets/ gold, land, real estate etc.

2nd option is to have a cosponsor. the cosponsor needs to make the full entire amount of the poverty guidelines for the number of people he's claimed exemption for in his taxes.. children, wife, parents etc PLUS around $9800 for the beneficiary. so, for example. if the cosponsorer is single/ no children then he would need to have $19,912 or more in income and they'll need to see his/ her past 3 years of income tax returns.

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Timeline

About the AoS only-

You have several options here. She can supplement her income with assets, but it's not as simple as just having $5000 in a savings account. When using the assets, the assets need to be 3x as much as the income required for poverty guidelines. So, I'm guessing instead of $5000 she will need to show around $15000 in savings/ and or assets/ gold, land, real estate etc.

2nd option is to have a cosponsor. the cosponsor needs to make the full entire amount of the poverty guidelines for the number of people he's claimed exemption for in his taxes.. children, wife, parents etc PLUS around $9800 for the beneficiary. so, for example. if the cosponsorer is single/ no children then he would need to have $19,912 or more in income and they'll need to see his/ her past 3 years of income tax returns.

Does she have to send aos and iv package to nvc or I have to sent to nvc.she called nvc today about it they said it all about me( beneficiary) and also told her that it's better that I should send both packages to her my wife (petitioner)and she sent it to nvc????

Timeline

Here is document cover sheet that we recive in welcome latter in email.,does it called check list????? And who have to get this documents package for nvc to sent them me or my petitioner.

Does she have to send aos and iv package to nvc or I have to sent to nvc.she called nvc today about it they said it all about me( beneficiary) and also told her that it's better that I should send both packages to her my wife (petitioner)and she sent it to nvc????

While it's true that the NVC part of the process is all about the beneficiary, whereas the USCIS part was all about the petitioner, the petitioner usually submits everything.

IR-1/CR-1

NOA-1 December 16, 2014

REF- June 24, 2015 ---------------190 days since NOA 1

RFE Respond- July 5, 2015 ----

NOA- 2 July 24, 2015 ------------- 220 days since NOA 1

NVC Sent- August 04, 2015 ----- 11 days since NOA 2

NVC Rcvd- August 18, 2015 ---- 14 days later
Case ID & IIN obtained- August 21, 2015 (over phone)

DS 261 completed- August 25, 2015

AOS Paid- August 25, 2015

Documents Sent- September 28

IV Paid- September 28, 2015

Document Scan- October 2, 2015

DS 260 Completed- October 5, 2015

Case Complete- October 29, 2015 --------- 27 days since Case Complete

Interview Scheduled- November 14, 2015 (Interview date- December 15, 2015)

Medical Done- November 23, 2015

Interview- December 15, 2015

Result- Need joint sponsor. Liquid assets not accepted.

... Looking for joint sponsor now.

Visa In Hand- .....

POE- .....

Timeline

While it's true that the NVC part of the process is all about the beneficiary, whereas the USCIS part was all about the petitioner, the petitioner usually submits everything.

To see the document cover sheet can u tell me which document I should send from my side.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.