JLph

Police Certificate, Do I need it?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have stayed in Ireland for a year (March2007-2008) with my ex half irish/filipino guy with his family on a Tourist visa.

My question is, Do I need a police certificate from Ireland to bring to Manila USEM? Thanks..

Timeline

You must if you were over the age of 16 and it was 12 months..for you it seems it would really come down to the exact days......not sure how hard it would be, but if you aren't exactly sure on your dates maybe try to get it anyway.

Timeline

You must if you were over the age of 16 and it was 12 months..for you it seems it would really come down to the exact days......not sure how hard it would be, but if you aren't exactly sure on your dates maybe try to get it anyway.

I have my old passport infront of me and the dates, 3/12/07 - 3/22/08

I don't know how to obtain a police certificate from Ireland if I need it..

Timeline

You definitely need it. I am unsure how to obtain it....but I googled some stuff for you....looks like this is your answer..

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/EI.html

Might be easier if this was moved the the Ireland forum....IDK.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

You definitely need it. I am unsure how to obtain it....but I googled some stuff for you....looks like this is your answer..

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/EI.html

Might be easier if this was movedarrow-10x10.png the the Ireland forum....IDK.

Thanks for the link, Shauneg :) I'm checking on it.. I'm trying to figure out, Will I need to mail them or do it online since I'm outside the country already..

Timeline

Thanks for the link, Shauneg :) I'm checking on it.. I'm trying to figure out, Will I need to mail them or do it online since I'm outside the country already..

Instructions say mail...so maybe it's up to each local area if they have a website. I really don't know and don't want to mislead you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline

My fiancee had to get one because he used to live in Ireland. It took about a month and it is free. You have to apply at the garda station of where you lived and show them proof that you need it for a visa. He showed NOA1. His brother, who lives in Ireland, applied for him. He had written a letter saying he gave him permission and and sent a copy of his passport. They respond really promptly to emails if you have questions. Maybe you can scan in your passport copy and email them the request?

Here is the link of how to get it http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

and here is the link with contact information for each station. http://www.garda.ie/Stations/Default.aspx

Good luck!

9/01/13- Met online 7/10/15- NVC case # assigned **22 days from NOA2**

11/9/13- Met 1st time in person (L) 7/27/15- Case left NVC to South Africa!!!

2/01/14- Met 2nd time in person (L) 7/28/15- Case "ready"

9/01/14- Met 3rd time in person (L) 7/31/15- Consulate received

5/11/15- Mailed I-129F 8/4/15- Packet 3 received by email

5/19/15- NOA1--- Got routed to CSC!!! :dancing: 8/7/15- Sent Packet 3

5/22/15- File "touched" 8/7/15- Packet 4 received by email!

5/27/15- Our baby was born (L) 9/7- 9/8- Medical

6/18/15- NOA2!!!! Email notification at 21:30 Central Time **30 days from NOA1** 9/17/15- Interview!!! APPROVED :luv:

9/28/15- Visa in hand

9/29/15- US Entry---- Finally!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.