martindart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

My fiancé travels from Bien Hoa to Cho Ray Hospital to pick up her test results for interview. Waits 2 hours only to be told that the people who have her results did not come in to work that day and she should return Monday. Our first round in 2005 went much smoother. A simple phone call of professional courtesy could have save a lot of wasted time. Why couldn’t another employee present the results to Phuong?

Is it a violation of some rule in Cho Ray that only a specific person can present the medical result? They did say her health is fine… but I am confussed, How could they know this without reviewing the results.

I would appreciate any comments from any other Vietnam Visa Seekers. =-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I do not know anything about Cho Ray as I've only started my K3, but I had a very similar experience with time/appointment when I got married last December in Vietnam. We had a 2pm appointment to sign our marriage certificate at So Tu Phap, and we were there at 1:30pm. Periodically, my wife would ask if we were going to be able to sign it or would it be better for us to come back the following day. The answers were usually just "Sit down and wait!" So we waited until 5pm, and they told us to come back the following day to sign it because the gentleman that was supposed to sworn us in wasn't there. :angry: Our experience with the interviewer for our marriage certificate from the vietnamese government was even worse. I should have gone with a K1. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

ChoRay hospital is the place of vietnamese government, why didn't your wife / fiance come to IOM to have medical check, it might be more simple. I went to IOM and got the result on time. Everything is very simple at IOM if your wife / fiance is healthy. Now, you have to wait and cannot know the result until she get it.

Hien

Timeline
I do not know anything about Cho Ray as I've only started my K3, but I had a very similar experience with time/appointment when I got married last December in Vietnam. We had a 2pm appointment to sign our marriage certificate at So Tu Phap, and we were there at 1:30pm. Periodically, my wife would ask if we were going to be able to sign it or would it be better for us to come back the following day. The answers were usually just "Sit down and wait!" So we waited until 5pm, and they told us to come back the following day to sign it because the gentleman that was supposed to sworn us in wasn't there. :angry: Our experience with the interviewer for our marriage certificate from the vietnamese government was even worse. I should have gone with a K1. :lol:

Hang in there Bud! never give up... I was wondering if some RN had to deliver the results or could anyone perform this task. I been through the grinder too much and was thinking maybe some new law/procedures had come into effect that requires a special person to give the results.

The envelope please... and the winner is... that's Hollywood. =-)

Timeline
ChoRay hospital is the place of vietnamese government, why didn't your wife / fiance come to IOM to have medical check, it might be more simple. I went to IOM and got the result on time. Everything is very simple at IOM if your wife / fiance is healthy. Now, you have to wait and cannot know the result until she get it.

Hien

Well, I follow the book and this is where we were told to go. The Vietnamese Government treated me very well duing my time in Bien Hoa from Ton Son Nhat to changing my stay at Dong Nai Hotel to my fiance home where the local police came to that location and did all the paperwork for me. We had lunch together and I invited all the neighbors to have lunch together. This was one of many BEST times I had in Vietnam during my stay. =-)

Timeline

You didn't get problem with Vietnamese government because you are in K3 case (marriage). We got problem because the Vietnamese tradition don't like K1 visa, and we are the K1 visa. Besides, David is in the National Guard now. I'm a little bit sad as he will have to go for training for his military duty, it will be in March and April. The Vietnamese government may respect him but they may not so be nice to help us for our love.

Hien

Timeline

Oh boy! Those were bad days; long, bad days. We were very lucky to have gotten our Vaccinations and Medical done in one day. Just get to Cho Ray 2 hours before the time they tell you to get there on Monday for the results...I think for us, they told us to get there at 2, we got there at 1 and still waited until 3 or 4 because there were so many people ahead of us. Or, get there at 2 and slip your form under all the rest's, I saw a few people do that.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.