qfbariza

Please Check I-130 check list from F-1 VISA to concurrent AOS application

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I am applying for adjustment of status next week and I would like to know if someone can provide me some feedback in the I-130 check list (filled by my US citizen spouse).

A bit of history: I am from Mexico and came in 2012 in an F-1 VISA to study a Ph.D, then I met my current U.S citizen wife in late 2012 and started dating in 2013. After 2.5 years of dating we decided to live together (May 2015) and then get married by the law (June 2015) :) and now we are preparing to submit Adjustment of status (concurrent filling I-130 and I-485), expecting to submit the first week of August. We will do religious ceremony later (2017-2018) because we need to save to make two weddings (one in each country). I am still on current valid F-1 status, and I am expecting to finish my Ph.D on Dec. 2016 or May 2017. My F-1 VISA expires on May 2016 but my I-20 expires on May 2017. I do not know if it matters but the last time I enter to the country was on April 4.

1. I was in a J-1 VISA (NOT subject to the two year residency in home country) before in 2011 for three months in the summer, should I also send copies of that VISA and passport? (the passport expired so I get a new one)
  2. Is the evidence of bona fide marriage enough?
  3. Am I missing something in the check list?
  4. While filling I-130 it says to put my status expiration date. In my I-94 says D/S but the pdf does not allow me to write that (only numbers) so I put the expiration of I-20, is that correct?

Please take a look to my I-130 cover letter/checklist and let me know if I am missing something.

I am also submitting I-485, I-131 and I-765 concurrently, I will post checklist soon too.

Name Petitioner

Name Beneficiary

Address

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Today's date

Petitioner: name

Beneficiary: name

Nature of the Submission: I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

To whom it may concern,

Please kindly find enclosed the form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for Beneficiary name (national of Mexico in valid F-1 status) and supporting documents. The contents are as follow:

1. Check for $420 (Filling fee for I-130)

2. Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative with an attachment sheet

4. Copy of Petitioner’s U.S. Birth Certificate

5. Copy of Petitioner’s U.S. Passport (all pages)

6. Copy of Petitioner’s Driver License

7. Copy of Petitioner’s Social Security Card

8. Copy of Marriage Certificate

9. One recent passport-style color picture of the Petitioner

10. G-325A, Biographic Information filled by Petitioner

11. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Birth Certificate with Official Translation

12. Copy of Beneficiary’s Mexican Passport including F-1 VISA and stamps (all pages)

13. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-20

14. Copy of Beneficiary’s I-94 and Travel History

15. One recent passport-style color picture of the Beneficiary

16. G-325A, Biographic Information filled by Beneficiary

17. Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage:

a) Copy of car title, showing joint ownership

b) Copy of rental lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence

c) Copies of electricity bills showing joint account of utility bill of the house

d) Copy of car insurance statement showing joint insurance account

e) Copies of Chase and Wells Fargo bank statements showing co-mingling of financial resources

f) Notarized affidavit of bona fide marriage sworn by mother of the petitioner

g) Notarized affidavit of bona fide marriage sworn by sister of the petitioner

h) Selection of pictures that document the relationship (35 pictures in 18 pages, printed in the computer)

i) Evidence of trips together:

· Place of trip 1, date of trip 1 : copies of airplane ticket confirmations

· Place of trip 2, date of trip 2: copies of airplane ticket confirmations (please also see stamps on passport copies)

· Place of trip 3, date of trip 3: copies of airplane ticket confirmation, meal tickets, shuttle transportation confirmation ticket, hotel bill.

· Place of trip 4, date of trip 4: copies of airplane ticket confirmations (please also see stamps on passport copies)

· Place of trip 5, date of trip 5: copies of car rental bill and hotel bill.

j) Selection of love letters that document the relationship
k) Selection of letters received to our current address with both of our names

l) Selection of proof of gifts to each other: copies of tickets.

Thank you for your consideration of the above application. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding this adjustment application packet.

Sincerely,

Name and signature of petitioner

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.