Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Marriage in Vietnam

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


Currently I have 2 routes to sponsor my girl in Vietnam: Fiancee vs. Spouse.

For both cases, do I have to obtain a "statement in lieu of certificate of non impediment to marriage" at the US embassy/consulate in Vietnam? Can I obtain that statement and have it notarize in the US via State level and at the Vietnamese consulate?

I understand that it is insane to jump to all the hoop for the marriage license in Vietnam. So, would it be better to do K-1 visa or CR-1? Which one would have a better success rate to pass the interview? I understand that for K-1 visa you would have to go to another interview in the state for the green card. At this point, I prefer a bit less hassle and a faster route to obtain the interview process.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

~~moved to what visa do I need as OP want's help in choosing a visa type from IR1/CR1 process and procedures~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.