Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Social security card problems

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey, everyone! My husband came on a K-1 visa and we applied for his SSN as soon as he got here but the travel document had his wrong name so we had to get that changed. We reapplied and they had to send the application to New York to the main office to be processed. I just found out he was denied....all of the applications ask for a SSN number for him. His 90 days is up August 10th. There is no way we can get his number that quick. Can we still submit our application?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the problem is with SSN but just so you know your husband doesn't need SSN to get married and file for AOS (and EAD/AP). It may actually be easier to apply for Ssn with EAD/AP card if no luck before then.

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.