mrpeters

Please a solid answer on fingerprints for police check

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone.

I just got news about my petition arriving at the Sydney consulate.

I am about to do the police check and this forum is confusing the hell out of me. Everywhere on the official consulate site, emails from them and on the AFP website says a fingerprint check is NOT NEEDED, it is only needed if you have had other aliases. The only condition is that it has to be full disclosure and include all aliases ever used.

Can I get confirmation from anyone that has been denied because they didn't have a fingerprint check or rather accepted with just a name check? Because I don't really want to wait 4-6 weeks, pay over $100 more and have to physically go to a police station, when the name check alternative can all be done online very quickly.

I just want some solid answers, as the dozens of posts about this on this thread give so many mixed messages.

Timeline

Hi there

I had my interview last week and was approved.

I originally did a fingerprint check but I realised I didn't do a 'full disclosure' so I applied again for just a name check. I didn't receive the original incorrect fingerprint check for over a month and a half whereas I received the name check within 3 business days.

I only included my name check in my documents that I brought with me to the interview and I had no issues.

Obviously every CO is different so i don't know, you may want to do the fingerprints just to cover your bases - thats up to you.

NOA1: 10/27/15

NOA2: 05/11/15

SENT TO NVC: 05/29/15

RECEIVED BY NVC: 06/05/15

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 06/08/15

LEFT NVC: 06/10/15

RECEIVED BY CONSULATE: 06/16/15

INTERVIEW: 07/16/15 - Approved!

POE: 08/03/15

MARRIED: 09/25/15

AOS SENT & EAD: 10/09/15

NOA 1 AOS: 10/16/15

BIOMETRICS: 11/09/15

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Timeline

I had my interview last Thursday and took a full disclosure without fingerprints and it was fine.

As long as it names all aliases you've had you're sweet.

They take fingerprints at the embassy anyway.

Timeline

I had my interview last Thursday and took a full disclosure without fingerprints and it was fine.

As long as it names all aliases you've had you're sweet.

They take fingerprints at the embassy anyway.

Hi Kate43,

When doing the online application on the AFP website did you select code 33 or code 35?

It says code 35 is only for 'unspent offenses' and 33 is 'all offenses' so I presume code 33 is correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Can any of you guys help me out.. I kinda have the same question and you are the only ones I have seen from Australia discussing this, so woo thanks! My fiance applied for a police certificate and I am not sure if he is getting the correct one.. He ordered #35, and I think that isnt the correct one...How do you know what form is a complete disclosure or not? Can I get some help? haha thanks

post-208721-0-88067500-1438364761_thumb.jpg

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
I moved to Australia March 2013!
Engaged April 20th, 2015!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!
Left NVC for Sydney, Australia 7-21-2015!

"Ready" in Sydney 8-3-2015!

Interview Date 10-27-2015!

* APPROVED at Interview *

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

Can any of you guys help me out.. I kinda have the same question and you are the only ones I have seen from Australia discussing this, so woo thanks! My fiance applied for a police certificate and I am not sure if he is getting the correct one.. He ordered #35, and I think that isnt the correct one...How do you know what form is a complete disclosure or not? Can I get some help? haha thanks

Hey,

I am about to do mine, so can't really say if I'm right or not :-P, but I think the code 33 gives a full disclosure. As it says its for all offenses and the code 35 says its just for unspent offences. That's my guess

Timeline

I just did a standard/full disclosure so it showed any aliases. But I didn't do the fingerprints as I was told it wasn't necessary. And it was fine.

They do fingerprints at the embassy like twice sometimes anyway.

Timeline

I just did a standard/full disclosure so it showed any aliases. But I didn't do the fingerprints as I was told it wasn't necessary. And it was fine.

They do fingerprints at the embassy like twice sometimes anyway.

Hey thanks for the reply! Sorry to sound repetitive but the full disclosure,..is that 33 or 35? Lol sorry! this is like the 1 thing I put my fiancé in charge of but I'm still trying to double check to make sure he's doing the right thing ?

Hey,

I am about to do mine, so can't really say if I'm right or not :-P, but I think the code 33 gives a full disclosure. As it says its for all offenses and the code 35 says its just for unspent offences. That's my guess

Thanks! Good luck!

Have you gotten an interview date yet?

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

I put #33 - as it lists all offences.

Thank you so much i really appreciate your help!

May I ask how long it took to get your interview from the day your case left the NVC. We're going on over a week with no word ?

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

Thank you so much i really appreciate your help!

May I ask how long it took to get your interview from the day your case left the NVC. We're going on over a week with no word ?

Hey,

My interview date has been set for the 29th of September. It took a few weeks to hear from them

Timeline

Hey,

My interview date has been set for the 29th of September. It took a few weeks to hear from them

Oh ok thanks. Yeah it seems like people hear really quickly judging by their timelines so I'm going on 13 days and the embassy says they haven't received our file yet

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

hi guys this is off topic but i was looking at your timelines and i have a question since we just received our interview date.. consulate received our visa aug 3 and we got an interview date of oct 27.. im so thankful to get an interview date but after looking at your timelines im disapointed we have to wait so long. was it really only a month wait for you, kate43? do you guys know if theres any way to bump the date up? did they assign that date for u? THANKS!

- - - - - - - -

Met November 2012!
Petition sent 5-13-2015!
NOA1 5-17-2015!
NOA2 6-26-2015!

- - - - - - - -

Timeline

Hey stephelliot, yeah my timeline dates are correct, I was surprised how quickly I got my interview, and I don't know what the normal wait time is.

I requested a sooner date cos I was organised beforehand, but there wasn't anything available so I would definitely suggest you contact them and ask, doesn't hurt ! :)

I can't believe they're making you wait another 2.5 months!! They're crazy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.