nzawake

About biometric appointment for removal of conidtion on greencard

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, there,

I am looking for some help or advise about my processing time of removing condition of green card:
I filed all documents to remove the condition of my green card on March 25th 2015 (my green card is expired on June 2015), then I received the notice of action on April 2 which extent my green card for one year, then I began to wait for biometric letter.... (The office I filed to is in CA)

On May 5th (one month later), I receive nothing so I called the customer service and received an e-mail from USCIS (CA) said "Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you." So I just kept waiting

In June, I went to the local office (where I did my biometric for 2- year green card) to ask, they said no appointment for me yet...

At the end of June, still receive nothing and I called again, immigrant office said what I can do is wait...they can `t access to my status?!

Now it is almost end of July, nothing received.... I begin to worry more and more ... because I saw some people has experienced denied letter after 6 months due to failure to appear for the biometric appointment (miss the biometric letter ?)

I really hope anyone(s) give me some advise what I can do next? keep waiting until 6 months due (which is so called the processing time for removal of condition) or something else?
I searched online, some attorney said to schedule an infopass? Anyone has this experience before? is it helpful? can they access to my case and get more detail of the process?

Very appreciate for any advise and opinion!!

Please check out the following links. You'll see that your situation is quite common and you just have to wait. You already have a 1 year extension. There's nothing more to do and an infopass will not result in faster processing times.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/538413-i-751-march-2015-filers/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534379-i-751-february-2015-filers/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/529559-i-751-january-2015-filers/

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Hi, there,

I am looking for some help or advise about my processing time of removing condition of green card:

I filed all documents to remove the condition of my green card on March 25th 2015 (my green card is expired on June 2015), then I received the notice of action on April 2 which extent my green card for one year, then I began to wait for biometric letter.... (The office I filed to is in CA)

On May 5th (one month later), I receive nothing so I called the customer service and received an e-mail from USCIS (CA) said "Thank you for your inquiry regarding an appointment to have your biometric images processed at an Application Support Center (ASC). We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice for this process. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice by mail once an appointment date has been established for you." So I just kept waiting

In June, I went to the local office (where I did my biometric for 2- year green card) to ask, they said no appointment for me yet...

At the end of June, still receive nothing and I called again, immigrant office said what I can do is wait...they can `t access to my status?!

Now it is almost end of July, nothing received.... I begin to worry more and more ... because I saw some people has experienced denied letter after 6 months due to failure to appear for the biometric appointment (miss the biometric letter ?)

I really hope anyone(s) give me some advise what I can do next? keep waiting until 6 months due (which is so called the processing time for removal of condition) or something else?

I searched online, some attorney said to schedule an infopass? Anyone has this experience before? is it helpful? can they access to my case and get more detail of the process?

Very appreciate for any advise and opinion!!

Hi nzawake,

Sorry, I don't really have any advice for you, but we're in a similar situation. We filed (CSC) on April 17th and are still waiting for the biometrics appointment. We called twice (30 days apart) to make service requests and after each call received the exact same email message that you received.

I noticed that your state is also Ohio. Did you go to the ASC in Columbus? That's our assigned ASC. I wonder if there's a problem with biometric appointments in Ohio. Maybe they're really behind? We're going to try call again and see if we can get any answers. I think an infopass appointment will be the next step if we don't get anything in the coming weeks.

Please give an update if you learn anything or get your appointment!

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for sharing the links, Cheezees :)

Hi, Jenyadenise

The ASC I went to inquiry is in Detroit where I did my biometrics for conditional green card. I will keep update if any further news I receives.

Good luck to your case :)

Thank you for sharing the links, Cheezees :)

Hi, Jenyadenise

The ASC I went to inquiry is in Detroit where I did my biometrics for conditional green card. I will keep update if any further news I receives.

Good luck to your case :)

Ahh... Detroit... well there goes that theory... :) I guess we just need to continue to be patient! Good luck to you too!

August 2008 - met when we were both living in England

February 2009 - began dating

May 28, 2011 - got engaged

August 5, 2011 - got married (in England)

September 29, 2011 - moved to Mexico

VISA PROCESS:

December 3, 2012 - sent I-130 to Mexico City (DCF)

December 6, 2012 - I-130 approved

December 14, 2012 - NVC case number assigned and instruction letter sent from Juarez Consulate but we NEVER received it

March 4, 2013 - called to check about our case and received our NVC case number and Invoice number

March 9, 2013 - submitted DS-260 online

April 17, 2013 - interview date - visa approved!!!

July 11, 2013 - POE: entered US through Dallas, TX

July 22, 2013 - Social Security Card delivered

August 22, 2013 - Green Card delivered

Filed: Timeline

Is it possible to change the location of biometric appointment? My case is in under AP in Montreal, Canada and they sent me an email asking to attend the bio-oath appointment without mentioning the location where to go. So I want to know if i can get this done in Toronto US consulate instead of Montreal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.