8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone, I would just want to have an idea on what to do. My husband doesn't want to process my AOS and I have been staying here in US for almost 2 years with a son from him and baby on the way, now we are fighting and might end up separating or worst might divorced. I just need to know on what I will do or where to go when I don't even know how to drive and no IDs but passport. help please asap

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone, I would just want to have an idea on what to do. My husband doesn't want to process my AOS and I have been staying here in US for almost 2 years with a son from him and baby on the way, now we are fighting and might end up separating or worst might divorced. I just need to know on what I will do or where to go when I don't even know how to drive and no IDs but passport. help please asap

First, marriage is not an easy life...It is not about love but it is the commitment to stay each other. Love may come and go but you two have to be committed to each other no matter what. Specially when kids are involve. You both have to set aside your own priorities and make your kids as a priority. Think about being divorce might benefits to your kids specially they are too young? If so then go ahead. If not , then just compromise and think a better solution. I have been married for 9 yrs and i'll tell you it is not an easy journey. But because we both committed and make our kids as a priority. So whatever the tough road we go through we overcome with it. Nobody is perfect. Just be patient. Best of luck.

Timeline

First, marriage is not an easy life...It is not about love but it is the commitment to stay each other. Love may come and go but you two have to be committed to each other no matter what. Specially when kids are involve. You both have to set aside your own priorities and make your kids as a priority. Think about being divorce might benefits to your kids specially they are too young? If so then go ahead. If not , then just compromise and think a better solution. I have been married for 9 yrs and i'll tell you it is not an easy journey. But because we both committed and make our kids as a priority. So whatever the tough road we go through we overcome with it. Nobody is perfect. Just be patient. Best of luck.

I know, I have been so patient with everything. And he has been promising me couple of times and then nothing is done. I wanted my AOS to be processed because it will not just benefit me but my kids. I even haven't paid for my past hospital bills and now im 5 months a long and still cant afford to get a prenatal. I wanted to sign up for Medicaid but its not possible, I was denied. we have been fighting a lot and he then told me, guess what I will not process your AOS. so that surprised me and he even told me to contact whoever I know to pick me and my son up in short he's kicking us out from the house. he said if its possible this week that we move out. so what will I do then?

Edited by myjewels

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know, I have been so patient with everything. And he has been promising me couple of times and then nothing is done. I wanted my AOS to be processed because it will not just benefit me but my kids. I even haven't paid for my past hospital bills and now im 5 months a long and still cant afford to get a prenatal. I wanted to sign up for Medicaid but its not possible, I was denied. we have been fighting a lot and he then told me, guess what I will not process your AOS. so that surprised me and he even told me to contact whoever I know to pick me and my son up in short he's kicking us out from the house. he said if its possible this week that we move out. so what will I do then?

just be careful, don't fight too much, men don't want to be fought. You never know what's in their mind If i were you just calm down & be safe and don't force him to do the AOS while you both are on fire. Just ask him in a calm way. He can't kick u guys out he has a big responsibility of your kids and to you. You can avail emergency medicaid for pregnant women unless your husband has a big income for that u will not qualify. Be wise. You guys need sit down and talk calmly on what's really his plan for your family? Is he really willing to provide a child support and alimony? He cannot put the laws in his hands. He has to remember that. This is America. If you guys get divorce whoever get the income is the one can keep the kids. It depends also but be very careful.

Timeline

We have been talking all same thing over and over. Now that his other daughter and uncle are here staying in same house, he was like somebody and talking loud so everybody knows what we are talking about and asking there support. I feel like me and my son are different. When he told me yesterday to ask somebody to pick us up and telling me he will not process the aos that made me think of my children's future. He gives more favor to his daughter than my children coz he never even plan for my prenatal. And was planning everything where to go and what to do when his daughter is vacationing. Don't I have any right to ask? I mean which is more important vacation or 1st prenatal check up that he can't give me when the child inside is already 5 months.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

In regards to prenatal care, call your local health department. They may be able to assist you for little to no cost even just to ease your mind about baby's vitals. Some states have programs that are not normal Medicaid that you may be able to get. You can also apply for WIC. As for AOS, that is sadly I his hands.

Timeline

So if he will divorce me or end up separated do u have any idea what will happen to me and the kids? The kids are automatically US citizens right but I'm not. What will happen to me then will the government bring me back to Philippines without my kids? By the way I already checked the public health clinic but they will still need my husbands pay check records and unfortunately he is paid well and would charge him. That's what he is refusing to do coz he said we can't afford it now. That made me furious on why? And when will he be able to afford it when I give birth without even knowing about how the baby inside me? And now seems like he has no interest at all. I want to leave but don't know where to go. He is becoming to be having an attitude coz he knows that I don't know anybody here in our place.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.