Operation_Muffin

Interview Letter Not Received

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance in the usa contacted the nvc who confirmed the date of my interview, its nearing the interview date and i still have not received a letter for the interview. do i absolutely need the letter to gain entry to the embassy or will my passport as identification surfice? how should i contact the embassy? is the phone number 020-3608-6998 the right one to contact the embassy?

im just getting nervous over the entire thing and would like clarification from people who have gone through the process before.

thank you

You still have more than two weeks. If it doesn't arrive, you will still get in because your name is on a list outside. You can't call. They have an online contact form.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

You still have more than two weeks. If it doesn't arrive, you will still get in because your name is on a list outside. You can't call. They have an online contact form.

so they will have my name on a list and allow me in even without the letter? if thats the case then i have nothing to worry about but i was informed id need the letter to gain entrance which is why im worried about it. the thing is the person my fiance talked to at the nvc said the letter would arrive shortly and that was over 2 maybe even 3 weeks ago so im a little concerned about it.

so they will have my name on a list and allow me in even without the letter? if thats the case then i have nothing to worry about but i was informed id need the letter to gain entrance which is why im worried about it. the thing is the person my fiance talked to at the nvc said the letter would arrive shortly and that was over 2 maybe even 3 weeks ago so im a little concerned about it.

They say that because having that "admission ticket" is more efficient when hundreds are entering each day. Way better than having to find everybody on a list. I am positive they do have a list outside and they will find your name as scheduled for that day. Others have reported getting in this way without the letter.

You may also email them using this form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html and take their response email with you. Pick this as your reason:

-- My inquiry concerns immigrant visas and is not covered by information on your website

You might also like to read this post from Wednesday with a similar situation. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534020-uk-vjers-progress-update-thread/?p=7723465

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

They say that because having that "admission ticket" is more efficient when hundreds are entering each day. Way better than having to find everybody on a list. I am positive they do have a list outside and they will find your name as scheduled for that day. Others have reported getting in this way without the letter.

You may also email them using this form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html and take their response email with you. Pick this as your reason:

-- My inquiry concerns immigrant visas and is not covered by information on your website

You might also like to read this post from Wednesday with a similar situation. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534020-uk-vjers-progress-update-thread/?p=7723465

i actually filled out a contact form prior to writing this but thanks for suggesting it, thanks for pointing me to that post its eased my concerns a lot. hopefully it does go fine then. the embassy and nvc etc would do good by making it clearer on their website.

i actually filled out a contact form prior to writing this but thanks for suggesting it, thanks for pointing me to that post its eased my concerns a lot. hopefully it does go fine then. the embassy and nvc etc would do good by making it clearer on their website.

A while ago when we were worrying why we hadn't yet received the letter, we sent off an email to the embassy asking about if we had an interview date and asking where was the letter. The embassy replied there was no need to worry if a letter never arrived. They confirmed in the response the appointment date and time.. so I think bringing that email as proof would of helped. Thankfully the letter did arrive.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

to anyone who finds this i emailed the embassy and this is what they told me:

Thank you for your email.

Embassy records show that the appointment for your visa interview is scheduled for [interview date and time]. Written notification of the date and time of the interview was sent to you on [date the letter was sent]. If the letter is not received by the time of your appointment, you need not be concerned as the information required for the interview is available from our website at http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/attending_interview.html.

You are required to register with the courier company for the delivery of your visa and passport once it has been issued. Further information is available from http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/courier.html.

Sincerely,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.